The Student Room Group

Doing 4 A2-levels - is it worth it?

Hi :smile: ,

So I've applied to study chemistry at university and am currently studying A2 maths, chemistry, geography and English literature. I recognise this is a bad subject selection for my chosen degree, but oh well!

Due to good AS results, I've decided to carry them all on - the one I'm considering dropping is geography (got 93.5% at AS).

I'm now thinking that it simply isn't worth doing as geography has nothing to do with chemistry.

My current plan is to drop it if I get an A*AA offer (only one left for this is Durham...or Oxford but I'm not getting an offer from there!). This is as I don't want doing 4 A-levels to jeopardise my chances of meeting my offer.

Any advice on doing 4 A-levels, especially if they aren't related to your chosen degree?

My friend is doing four. But it took her a long time to come to that, deciding if it'd compromise any grades or affect her offer. It's truly up to you if you enjoy the subject and think you can cope go for it.
Original post by itsConnor_

So I've applied to study chemistry at university and am currently studying A2 maths, chemistry, geography and English literature. I recognise this is a bad subject selection for my chosen degree, but oh well!

Due to good AS results, I've decided to carry them all on - the one I'm considering dropping is geography (got 93.5% at AS).

I'm now thinking that it simply isn't worth doing as geography has nothing to do with chemistry.

My current plan is to drop it if I get an A*AA offer (only one left for this is Durham...or Oxford but I'm not getting an offer from there!). This is as I don't want doing 4 A-levels to jeopardise my chances of meeting my offer.

Any advice on doing 4 A-levels, especially if they aren't related to your chosen degree?

Only do 4 if you really enjoy all 4, if not its probably worth dropping one of them :biggrin:
Original post by itsConnor_

@Dylann is currently studying Chemistry at Durham and he only studied 3 A levels, which were Maths, Chemistry and Economics and an AS level in English Literature. You can message him if you need any advice.

Quick Reply

Latest