The Student Room Group

Thinking of doing A-Level Chem - Which board?

I'm a university student and I've completed the first year and I have had to take a break from my studies. I did well and got a first in Year 1, but it didn't come easily.

Given that I have time and I actually didn't do the subject at A-Level (I did a foundation course), which board would be best to do it under?
Edexcel was easy last year but apparently they've changed things. And how are you sitting the exams? At your old school? I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure there's controlled assessments
Considering you got a first in year one and have done a foundation year I doubt any exam board would be a problem for you. I would look up which a level has the cheapest practicals, some get very expensive
There is a college that I have done exams with previously independently and they offered at the time the best prices. The new spec is coming but this year is the last year that you can sit things for the first time so I might need to do all six in one go.
Reply 4
Not ocr b!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
If you're just planning on studying A-level chemistry, why not do them all?

There are bits that are covered in more/less/no/loads of detail in each and their foci vary, e.g. OCR B barely touches NMR, whereas AQA does more periodicity than OCR A, etc. etc.
Reply 7
Not CIE :wink:
OCR A

Quick Reply

Latest