The Student Room Group

A level tips

So I’m in year 12 and we have these monthly assessments (not rlly monthly bc we have to do them after we finish every topic) and I’ve done three so far for A level bio and chem and I failed all of them and got a U. I don’t think I have ever gotten a U so I was quite disheartened (ik it’s just a topic test) but can anyone recommend any revision tips or anything that will more or less help me improve my grade!!! Thanks
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by waveyyx
So I’m in year 12 and we have these monthly assessments (not rlly monthly bc we have to do them after we finish every topic) and I’ve done three so far for A level bio and chem and I failed all of them and got a U. I don’t think I have ever gotten a U so I was quite disheartened (ik it’s just a topic test) but can anyone recommend any revision tips or anything that will more or less help me improve my grade!!! Thanks

Hey don't be too hard on yourself and am positive it can only get better from here. Would it be possible to know which exam boards you are sitting? Here are my go to revision tips: 1) Read the spec points and highlight notes (I never made my own chem notes but got them from a website called Chemrevise) 2) Read these notes once and try and gain a good understanding the first time around (memorizing is not sufficient). 3)Go through topic specific questions on PMT. Go into the next topic test with confidence. You got this!
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey don't be too hard on yourself and am positive it can only get better from here. Would it be possible to know which exam boards you are sitting? Here are my go to revision tips: 1) Read the spec points and highlight notes (I never made my own chem notes but got them from a website called Chemrevise) 2) Read these notes once and try and gain a good understanding the first time around (memorizing is not sufficient). 3)Go through topic specific questions on PMT. Go into the next topic test with confidence. You got this!

I really needed this thank you sm!! I have tried doing past paper questions and I noticed that in the tests I make a lot of silly mistakes such as rounding errors and not reading the question properly in my exam which is quite annoying because it’s not that I don’t know the method for chem but sometimes it may be the way the question is worded which throws me off idk. the exam board is OCR A

Quick Reply

Latest