The Student Room Group

is it worth applying to clearing if i don’t meet requirements

need aab got bbb

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

It's worth looking at courses that have these grade requirements in clearing - you can search on UCAS or particular unis - what course do you want to study?
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
It's worth looking at courses that have these grade requirements in clearing - you can search on UCAS or particular unis - what course do you want to study?

engineering. the only ‘good’ options i’ve seen want aaa or aab though
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by catss

When you say good options do you mean Russell Group?

A foundation year might be a way in?

@Smack what are you thoughts? Thanks so much
Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

Yes please! You should still try applying. You can check out the Coventry University website for more information.
Hello,

It is still worth applying! :smile: You have nothing to lose and you never know. There is no harm in trying!

Best of luck!
Scarlett
Reply 6
Original post by She-Ra
When you say good options do you mean Russell Group?

A foundation year might be a way in?

@Smack what are you thoughts? Thanks so much

not necessarily but one i know are good for engineering. thank you for the reminder i will look at foundations too!
Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

Definitely worth a call to the uni's you're interested in and seeing what their entry criteria is for the course you want to study
Reply 8
Original post by catss

Oxford Brookes is worth a look - it's better than most RG
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hello,

It is still worth applying! :smile: You have nothing to lose and you never know. There is no harm in trying!

Best of luck!
Scarlett

Hey!

I completely agree with the University of Suffolk! - You have nothing to lose, and you may end up surprising yourself! 😁🎓✨

Best of luck in the future!
Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😎
Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

Hi there @catss,

Like others have mentioned it's definitely worth having a look to see what's available through Clearing.

I can see you are interested in studying Engineering, have a look on some university sites to see what similar courses they offer through Clearing. You can always give some universities a call with your results to discuss through your options.

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by catss

What discipline? I've been out of the loop for a few years so am not up to speed with currently entry requirements, but you used to be able to get into places like Oxford Brookes and UWE with BBB at A-level - check them out. And Scottish universities too - check them out as well.
Original post by catss

There are some good options for Engineering in Clearing like Lancaster ABB - BBC or Exeter BBC. You should be able to get into a good uni with your grades.
Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

yeah a bachelors at Lancaster in engineering is currently BBC https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/
Lancasters a gem of a uni. its in the top ten of the complete uni guide, its a collegiate uni so you get to belong to one of the colleges there on campus, The campus is well lit and safe at night has security and the bus to the city comes every 10-15 mins and takes about 15 mins to travel there. Its got a good reputation so its worth checking it out :smile:
Daughter studies physics there and shes had amazing support throughout her degree.

I would also go out on a limb here because its also a great uni and thats leicester https://le.ac.uk/clearing
they are CCC entrance grades for clearing . Ive been there twice on open day it its a nice university.

Another uni ive been to on open days and its russell group is York which is BBC https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses-2023/beng-engineering/
Reply 14
Original post by Smack
What discipline? I've been out of the loop for a few years so am not up to speed with currently entry requirements, but you used to be able to get into places like Oxford Brookes and UWE with BBB at A-level - check them out. And Scottish universities too - check them out as well.

initially design engineering, but it’s not a very common course so i don’t expect to see any through clearing besides tedi london which i’m considering.
Original post by catss

Hey, do you have any requirements for what is "good" for you? i.e. prestige, location, cost of living? Some great courses and universities still out there, many mentioned above but two that jump out could be @Lancaster University or @University of Surrey
Original post by catss
initially design engineering, but it’s not a very common course so i don’t expect to see any through clearing besides tedi london which i’m considering.

What field of engineering do you want to go into when you graduate?
Reply 17
Original post by Smack
What field of engineering do you want to go into when you graduate?

aerospace design and development
Original post by catss
aerospace design and development

Aerospace or mechanical would probably be a better option for that. Or probably actually software or electronics, since those are the most in demand in the sector.
Original post by catss
need aab got bbb

Hi @cats,

Congratulations on achieving great results!

Like others have said, it is worth a shot. Our hotline is open till 8pm today: (0)1227 768896. Good luck!

In the meantime feel free to have a look at the school of engineering here.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Reps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending