The Student Room Group

What course do I take? Art or textiles?

So I'm choosing my A-level options soon and I'm stuck whether to do art or textiles (I can only do one). I want to be a wedding dress designer and I want to go to Central Saint Martins to study fashion design... I'm currently studying art GCSE.

I know that with art a-level I can still integrate textiles, but I'm just wondering if universities will prefer me to do one or the other...

If anyone could give me advice, it would be appreciated a lot :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

If your planning on taking a textile course at uni then I'd do a textiles course, but any sort of art degree would look good on your application especially if you get a good grade.
Look at the uni you want to go to and the course you want to study there and see what they require to get on the course. Some will say textiles is required and others will just say something like 'Grade B or above in an art subject'.

If the course doesn't require either of the A levels, then pick which one you'll enjoy more and the one you think will get you a higher grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buzzbeebee
If your planning on taking a textile course at uni then I'd do a textiles course, but any sort of art degree would look good on your application especially if you get a good grade.
Look at the uni you want to go to and the course you want to study there and see what they require to get on the course. Some will say textiles is required and others will just say something like 'Grade B or above in an art subject'.

If the course doesn't require either of the A levels, then pick which one you'll enjoy more and the one you think will get you a higher grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay thank you for your advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest