The Student Room Group

Would Queens University Belfast accept Nursinn transfers?

I am a first year nursing student studying at university of Ulster and I'm really not enjoying being so far away from home because it means I only get to see my family once every few weeks due to were university of Ulster allocate their placements. Would it be possible to transfer?
Original post by Lucy_M123
?

Queens have accepted transfers before but they are looked at on an individual basis as if you do transfer you need to be at the same point in each course to allow for a smooth transition and to ensure you have covered all nmc competencies. It's worth emailing admissions to enquire.
However looking at all your recent posts I'd advise you to contact your personal tutor or guidance service to see what help is available. If you're not enjoying your course, moving may not make much of a difference. Nursing is a hard and stressful course and moving to new course mates and a new format of a course will be difficult. Portfolios are very different in qub compared to uum.
There are also different placements, a new uniform to get as well as new tutors and new assessments etc.
Talk to your personal tutor and think long and hard about what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending