The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Economics Unit 4 6EC04 (June 23rd 2016) Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Whts the predicted ques for unit 4
Oddly specfici but what do you guys use as an eval point for civil wars, in terms of reasons for poverty/low economic growth? I always talk about how it might be a necessary evil to increase democracy and thus reduce corruption.
Original post by CynicalRaven
Oddly specfici but what do you guys use as an eval point for civil wars, in terms of reasons for poverty/low economic growth? I always talk about how it might be a necessary evil to increase democracy and thus reduce corruption.

Don't know - kind of hard to argue that wars are ever good. For all those development limits, I reckon it's a good idea to evaluation by showing that they are not always limits.

Like yes war is bad, but South Korea had one and look at it now.
Reply 183
Anyone got model answers/worked solutions for previous questions/essays?

All the ones I've found seem to be other exam boards.
Original post by .JC.
Anyone got model answers/worked solutions for previous questions/essays?

All the ones I've found seem to be other exam boards.

not sure about this, but hope it works
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2accg9QLl1jMnk4cEhoVG90VGc/view
Reply 185

That was one of the documents I was referring to. They are for OCR and AQA.
Original post by .JC.
That was one of the documents I was referring to. They are for OCR and AQA.

Maybe examiners reports then. but sometimes handwriting there is hard to read.
Does anyone know what's happening in the world? what are other loud cases except Brexit which are likely to appear in the exam?
Original post by kuraishi
Does anyone know what's happening in the world? what are other loud cases except Brexit which are likely to appear in the exam?

Chinese steel?
Original post by CynicalRaven
Chinese steel?

What's happening to Chinese steel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
What's happening to Chinese steel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Chinease have heavily subsidised their steel and have been dumping it on the US, UK and EU. This basically means that the UK TATA steel plant in port talbot is on the verge of bankruptcy and many people are begging the government to bail it out.
(edited 7 years ago)
My predictions for essays:
International Competitiveness
Trade Imbalances / Trade Patterns
Inequality and Development / Globalization
Few good notes for the EAC starting page 60 (or 66 if you count all the pages) in this. Also some questions you might want to give a go. http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/economics-a/2015/specification-and-sample-assessment-materials/Economics-A-Collated-SAM-Web.pdf
Original post by Windies

I would personally love a simple question on how firms and goverments can improve international competitiveness.
Original post by Windies

That would be alright.

I know they had it last year, and everyone says I'm wrong, but surely they've got to throw something about the EU in there. The UK leaving is too obvious, but they could put a spin on it, like what happens to the EU if we leave or something.

'What happens to Angela Merkel if the UK leaves the EU following the referendum that is taking place as you sit this exam'
Original post by MouseyBrown
That would be alright.

I know they had it last year, and everyone says I'm wrong, but surely they've got to throw something about the EU in there. The UK leaving is too obvious, but they could put a spin on it, like what happens to the EU if we leave or something.

'What happens to Angela Merkel if the UK leaves the EU following the referendum that is taking place as you sit this exam'

Am I in the wrong thread? Seems like a politics question to me, :P.
anyone have some good points for income inequality in a developed economy such as the UK? i.e. what would the main reasons be
Original post by AJC1997
anyone have some good points for income inequality in a developed economy such as the UK? i.e. what would the main reasons be

Low productivity is a big one here, and some would argue immigration is. Plus the top rate of tax reduction.
any predictions on what questions may come up?
Original post by AJC1997

That question came up in June 2010 and I would argue it will always come in the style of wealth and income inequality. I would personally say:

Level of education
Increased investment from foreign nationals into property driving up home prices

Also agree with that mousey said: low productivity leads to wages for workers stagnate while those at the top are being paid more primarily through bonuses, immigration as workers are willing to work less and work harder generally but we do have NMW.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending