The Student Room Group

Maths/ Further Maths / English Literature as A Level choices?

Hey everyone, first post.

I was wondering if these a level choices sounded good. I'm not really keen on taking more than 3 a levels .

I'm predicted A* in:

English Language, English literature, Maths

and an A in Further Maths.
so what do you all think of my potential A Level choices?

thanks
I presumw you want to do maths at uni? It's a fairly strange combination in that most maths applicants will probably also have physics but i doubt it would be a problem. Is there a specific reason you only want to do 3?
Reply 2
I'm not too sure what i'm gonna study at university to be honest. But it would probably be maths. And i want to take 3 subjects so I could get the highest grades possible, and in all honesty i'm not as strong in any other subjects.
Original post by stopopups
Hey everyone, first post.

I was wondering if these a level choices sounded good. I'm not really keen on taking more than 3 a levels .

I'm predicted A* in:

English Language, English literature, Maths

and an A in Further Maths.
so what do you all think of my potential A Level choices?

thanks

What are you looking at studying at uni? If you know what you want to do and where you want to go then the best thing is to do the a levels they require for entry. If you're options are open, I guess do what makes you happy and what you feel you are capable of doing and try to be honest with yourself while doing so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a rarity to be good at Maths and English so well done for that. That's why it's such an unusual mix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I did this combo but with Physics as well. You might be a little bit disadvantaged going for a Maths degree but they care mainly about Maths and Further Maths so it should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest