The Student Room Group

Regretting picking BTEC Science!

So long story short.. Did AS in Maths, Biology, Computer Science and R.E got BDUU, DUUB (IN ORDER OF SUBJECTS).. so couldn't carry on plus I wanted to do optometry and couldn't see myself doing anything else.. I thought if I picked btec I could possibly get in through the ophthalmic dispensing at city uni n then transfer to optometry or maybe get into optometry at Hertfordshire.. so 6 months into BTEC Science I'm beginning to regret it and its starting to feel like a waste of time. If I had picked other a level options I think I would've definitely done much better, I could have done Maths, R.E and maybe something like sociology or idk. BTEC is the worst choice you could possibly make in your life, makes you feel dumb, everyone around you is DUMB, teachers treat you like your DUMB, to succeed in the course you need to put ridiculous amount of time just to get DDD or D*'s.. if I had done other options and put the same amount of effort or even put same amount of effort last year I would've definitely got at least 3 B's... More drawbacks of BTEC are that you have no exams! not really preparing you for uni.. doing a BTEC just wastes your life because your not benefitting anything! instead your losing A LOT!
Not sure what to do.. I guess just gotta carry on.. and work hard when I get into uni..
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
I thought my BTEC was excellent, much better choice than A levels in my opinion, it prepared me perfectly well for uni and is very employable
Original post by yt7777
I thought my BTEC was excellent, much better choice than A levels in my opinion, it prepared me perfectly well for uni and is very employable

which btec did you do and what degree did you do ?
Original post by yt7777
... and is very employable

Who with?
Reply 5
Original post by mrnazz00923
which btec did you do and what degree did you do ?

BTEC IT and currently half way through my MSci in Computer Science

Quick Reply

Latest