The Student Room Group

Alevels

What alevels should I consider on taking that would help me when I want to study biomedical science (am already picking betec applied science please don’t say bio,chem,phys) ?.
Thank you
Original post by DilerNura
What alevels should I consider on taking that would help me when I want to study biomedical science (am already picking betec applied science please don’t say bio,chem,phys) ?.
Thank you

I would have a look at the subject requirements for biomedical science to see what subjects are most commonly required
Reply 2
Many Unis will not accept BTEC Applied Science for Biochem or Biomed degrees without additional A level Chemistry and if you are really serious about doing a Biomed degree, then take 3 A levels including Bio and Chem, not a 'applied' BTEC that will not have the required 'hard science' content.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Many Unis will not accept BTEC Applied Science for Biochem or Biomed degrees without additional A level Chemistry and if you are really serious about doing a Biomed degree, then take 3 A levels including Bio and Chem, not a 'applied' BTEC that will not have the required 'hard science' content.

I have decide to do the bio,chem.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest