?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As opposed to just memorising it
...imrah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When in lessons, interrogate the teacher with questions until you understand. You have to remember that success is found through several attempts of failure
tcameron
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ask lots of questions when you're learning the topics, as sometimes you need to go beyond what the book/A level spec say to really understand it and then apply it to the exam questions
A2 chem has sooo much weird application - trying past papers helps as well when looking at the mark scheme and examiners reports
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would highly recommend you use Chemguide. Obviously there's still a certain amount of stuff that you must simply learn, but Chemguide is very good at showing you both how the content interacts with other parts of the course as well as going into a lot more detail than most a level specs so that you have a better understanding of what's going on
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mvpmb)
this is why people struggle in subjects (past GCSE especially), if you understand why something happens you are much more likely to do well in an exam
EnterNamehereplz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use chemrevise notes and don't give you up.Try understanding concepts and applying them . If you just want a good grade though I would recommend memorizing and past papers
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
idk fam ;_;
I'm at A2 and still don't know x'D
chemguide is the lifesaver though

there is a LOT of memorisation still, reagents and conditions and methods and tests and some processes, and biology stuff, and bond angle stuff (i guess you can figure that out if you tried) you really can't just do without memorisation
so i think it's like 60% memorisation, 40% understanding and applying
that you just need a good teacher to nag for
also YouTube videos help ALOT
and chemguide
and past papers for the questions that come up EVERY EXAM PAPER - like "explain how hydrogen bonds form" ¬_¬
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do
I have a good teacher
And i reread my notes
Then go ham on the past papers

Biology on the other hand i know nothing 😭😭
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mvpmb)
Start with learning about atomic physics, electrons, protons, charge, electron orbitals, mass et al.

Once you have that as a fundamental building block, everything else in Chemistry makes absolute sense.
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mvpmb)
-Read the CGP revision guide to gain a basic knowledge (for knowledge)
-Condense your notes (for additional knowledge)
-Past papers (for application)
-Show up and collect your A*
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This mindset:

Ishan_2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would recommend getting a tutor who has knowledge of beyond A level chemistry, but still knows A level chemistry topics. This will help a lot, as you can have private 1 to 1 time with your tutor at home, in your own time, who should discuss the topic you want to study in great detail, and help you understand it.

This is much better than a teacher, who may have already tried to explain it to you, but explaining the same thing in a different way will definitely help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads