The Student Room Group

A level options?!?!

Hi, so I'm picking my a-level choices in a few weeks and was wondering how these subjects sound, if they are respected (enough) by unis and whether or not they compliment each other well.

English literature
History
Politics

AS level : music
Or maths
Or physics

All predicted a/a* at gcse

I would like to read English or History at uni (possibly Warwick or Durham)
So any advice or feedback would be really appreciated ☺️ Thanks
All those subjects are respectable and they certainly complement each other, although you don't need complimentary A levels. They're fine for a History or English Lit degree.
Original post by Lily_302
Hi, so I'm picking my a-level choices in a few weeks and was wondering how these subjects sound, if they are respected (enough) by unis and whether or not they compliment each other well.

English literature
History
Politics

AS level : music
Or maths
Or physics

All predicted a/a* at gcse

I would like to read English or History at uni (possibly Warwick or Durham)
So any advice or feedback would be really appreciated ☺️ Thanks

They're all absolutely fine! I do English with Philsophy and Ethics and Biology and have offers for English from all the unis who've replied. I hope your GCSEs go well :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AnkitKapoor
They're all absolutely fine! I do English with Philsophy and Ethics and Biology and have offers for English from all the unis who've replied. I hope your GCSEs go well :smile:

haha thanks :smile: i just hope they wouldn't ask for more facilitating subjects? do you think if i did pull off 3 A*/A s Oxbridge etc. would be any less likely to give me an offer if i only did two facilitating subjects? idk?

Quick Reply

Latest