Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!
    I am just about to have an interview at Chelsea, for BA Fine Arts and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a strong IB at Visual Arts is enough to get me in. I know its risky, but is it possible? Also, what would you say makes a good impression (in terms of what to put into the portfolio...)
    I would also be glad to have some insight about the course: are teachers helpful/ supportive? Do you have to put on loooads of exhibitions or more like end of year ones? I heard you have to help 3rd year students quite a lot with their work, is this true??
    A friend of mine is applying for BA Textiles there too, so I would be also glad is anyone could say a few words on that too
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabellag1)
    Hi!!
    I am just about to have an interview at Chelsea, for BA Fine Arts and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a strong IB at Visual Arts is enough to get me in. I know its risky, but is it possible? Also, what would you say makes a good impression (in terms of what to put into the portfolio...)
    I would also be glad to have some insight about the course: are teachers helpful/ supportive? Do you have to put on loooads of exhibitions or more like end of year ones? I heard you have to help 3rd year students quite a lot with their work, is this true??
    A friend of mine is applying for BA Textiles there too, so I would be also glad is anyone could say a few words on that too
    Thank you!!!
    Hiya! I'm Kerri I've applied for BA textiles and also have an interview but i am not sure if its a one to one interview or the first stage like an audition where they do a portfolio review as a group and basically filter down who they want to interview. This may just be central saint martins but as it is UAL i assumed they interview the same way. So in this case your portfolio has to be selective with a strong beginning and strong end with all the loose sketches (which they like to see) being in the middle of the portfolio. I am trying to find out myself what to bring..whether to bring all my sketchbooks or just have a new fresh sketchbook as a portfolio with sketchbook work and pages inside alongside own work. I am not sure what IB visual arts is but if it helps I have done a fashion dilpoma level 3 which is equivalent to 3 a levels and they said they do consider these qualifications however most A level students have had to do a foundation in advance unless your work is really good and they may except a few from a level but it is prefered that you have experience from a foundation type course before hand. Hope that helps a lil bit ahaha!! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.