The Student Room Group

Can't chose between a uni course and a college course.

There are two courses that I think I'll enjoy; one's at diploma level at college and one's degree level at university. There are pros and cons of both and I'm not sure which is my favourite.

One is photography with a moving image element and the other is media. I'm currently only experienced in photography (I'm doing it at Alevel) but would like to know more about other ares of the media industry. My problem is that I can't be sure I'll enjoy the other elements and I don't want to spend time studying something I wouldn't enjoy.

Logically, the photography course would be better, right? I'd learn a little about moving image whilst sticking with something I know I'll love as well. I could always join a media society or something if I remained interested in the other areas.

But the media college course is cheaper and there will be more 1-on-1 teaching because the class is smaller. This course can then be topped up at uni for 1 year after you get the diploma so you can turn it into a degree so it wouldn't look worse on my CV.

Advice?
Original post by Bea97
There are two courses that I think I'll enjoy; one's at diploma level at college and one's degree level at university. There are pros and cons of both and I'm not sure which is my favourite.

One is photography with a moving image element and the other is media. I'm currently only experienced in photography (I'm doing it at Alevel) but would like to know more about other ares of the media industry. My problem is that I can't be sure I'll enjoy the other elements and I don't want to spend time studying something I wouldn't enjoy.

Logically, the photography course would be better, right? I'd learn a little about moving image whilst sticking with something I know I'll love as well. I could always join a media society or something if I remained interested in the other areas.

But the media college course is cheaper and there will be more 1-on-1 teaching because the class is smaller. This course can then be topped up at uni for 1 year after you get the diploma so you can turn it into a degree so it wouldn't look worse on my CV.

Advice?

On the photography course, is there any option to take modules for other types of media? It does sound like you like the idea of the photography course more, but you do want to expand your knowledge a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
On the photography course, is there any option to take modules for other types of media? It does sound like you like the idea of the photography course more, but you do want to expand your knowledge a bit.

There's only moving image that's covered other than photography but I think that'll be my favourite area of media as a whole so it wouldn't bother me too much not doing audio etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending