The Student Room Group

Why is it that the older people get, the quicker they want to finish their education?

I know this question makes no sense but like people do A Levels which is 2 years of study and then go to university but after the 16-18 age they do a one year access course at college just so it's quicker to get to university
Original post by Anony345533
I know this question makes no sense but like people do A Levels which is 2 years of study and then go to university but after the 16-18 age they do a one year access course at college just so it's quicker to get to university

They don't do it because it's quicker, it's because Access courses are designed for people who have been out of education for a while and it's suitable prep for an undergrad degree. Most people taking/retaking AL's when they are older do so over a year as well.
Because they feel like they are wasting their lives learning things rather than doing things

I think
Reply 3
Original post by MadisonBailey06
Because they feel like they are wasting their lives learning things rather than doing things

I think

Then just do a BTEC and learn by doing practical things and get a vocational degree, or just consider whether uni is for you and don't go to uni and do an apprenticeship.
If you are an adult allowed to make such choices, why would you chose to work 2 years when 1 gets you where you need to be?
Reply 5
Because studying sucks
Reply 6
Duh, it's because between our hips failing, the cataracts in our eyes and the risk of scalding from dropped mugs of Horlicks, we're fearful of our time left on this planet, so we're trying to get it done as soon as. :centipe:

Quick Reply

Latest