The Student Room Group

Islamic State fears Israel

“The only country Isis fears is Israel they told me they know the Israeli army is too strong for them,” Mr Todenhöfer said.

“They think they can defeat US and UK ground troops, who they say they have no experience in city guerrilla or terrorist strategies.

“But they know the Israelis are very tough as far as fighting against guerrillas and terrorists.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-israel-is-the-only-country-terrorist-group-fears-says-first-western-journalist-to-survive-a6793876.html
Not exactly a shocker
Israel have been fighting Islamic terrorism every day since its formation. They're the experts.
As they should.
Original post by Lehoe

“The only country Isis fears is Israel they told me they know the Israeli army is too strong for them,” Mr Todenhöfer said.

“They think they can defeat US and UK ground troops, who they say they have no experience in city guerrilla or terrorist strategies.

“But they know the Israelis are very tough as far as fighting against guerrillas and terrorists.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-israel-is-the-only-country-terrorist-group-fears-says-first-western-journalist-to-survive-a6793876.html

Personally i feel that it is because of the combat tactics employed by Israel.

If we decided to drop a dozen dumb bombs like Russia does within a few hundred metres of rocket strikes then we might start getting perceived as' tough' like the two nations mentioned.

However i'd much rather the UK and US get underestimated so that should UK and US troops land on the ground then that insurgents can be in for a nasty suprise.

I just hope that Israel can join in on the theatre of conflict, after all they seem to be seen in a more sympathetic light than most nations in regards to their military actions.

Finally it's very important to realise that there are reasons why the powerful western militaries are not intervening in the ME: There is no public support for it. After two protracted conflicts the UK and US and many other nations don't want to be seen dead to be doing anything in the Middle East anymore. Whilst Israel has this advantage/disadvantage of being a very close neighbour of the nations under fire, and i have no doubt that if ISIS started encroaching on Isreali borders then they'd get blown to kingdom-come! :biggrin:

Best regards and good hunting to ALL nations fighting ISIS.
Francis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Francis Urquhart
I just hope that Israel can join in on the theatre of conflict,

Forget it. Israel will never do it.
The IDF is a powerful force.
Original post by admonit
Forget it. Israel will never do it.

Hi admonit! I just saw you're in Israel, that's awesome! What's the current attitude in Israel regarding ISIS and so on? Is the Israeli public in the same boat as the UK and US and fatigued with conflict?

Best regards from the UK! :biggrin:
-Francis.
Reply 8
Original post by Francis Urquhart
Hi admonit! I just saw you're in Israel, that's awesome! What's the current attitude in Israel regarding ISIS and so on? Is the Israeli public in the same boat as the UK and US and fatigued with conflict?

Best regards from the UK! :biggrin:
-Francis.

Hi! :smile:
I hate to speak for all Israelis. As says a Jewish joke "every two Jews have at least three different opinions". :smile:
But in this case there is consensus: Israelis wish ISIS, Asad, Hezbollah - fight to the last soldier. And nobody even think to get into this meat grinder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending