The Student Room Group

My very rude Islam teacher

I would like to complain about my Islam teacher to my school but I'm not sure if this is acceptable because I'm sitting and RS a level or if she's taking it too far, which in my opinion, she is. So my Islam teacher has always been very critical about Islam but what she said yesterday pushed me off the edge. She called my religion a cult and compared the destruction of Buddha idols in Afghanistan (2001) to the Israel-Palestine conflict. Comparing the destruction of inanimate statues to the suffering of millions is honestly disgusting. I know she is entitled to have her own opinion but she can keep it to herself. She also said that she hates how in Islam you have to believe in a man to get to heaven which is false for many reasons which I won't get into. She is also always rude to my class for absolutely no reason and has the nastiest attitude. Do you think I should complain? And if so what are some good points I could make to convince my head of year?
Reply 1
yes complainnn
thats unacceptable
omds im getting angry just thinking about it
thats not right in the slightest and thats so disrespectful
i wouldve just called her out on the spot...
say that for any other religion its unacceptable to say things like that so its not okay for her and its upsetting and just plain rude, and teachers should not be saying things like that
just describe that its horrible and explain that man
if she sed that abt any other religion she wouldve been called out already, why does she think its alr for her to come at Islam when she clearly knows so little??
Reply 2
Original post by m3ri3m
I would like to complain about my Islam teacher to my school but I'm not sure if this is acceptable because I'm sitting and RS a level or if she's taking it too far, which in my opinion, she is. So my Islam teacher has always been very critical about Islam but what she said yesterday pushed me off the edge. She called my religion a cult and compared the destruction of Buddha idols in Afghanistan (2001) to the Israel-Palestine conflict. Comparing the destruction of inanimate statues to the suffering of millions is honestly disgusting. I know she is entitled to have her own opinion but she can keep it to herself. She also said that she hates how in Islam you have to believe in a man to get to heaven which is false for many reasons which I won't get into. She is also always rude to my class for absolutely no reason and has the nastiest attitude. Do you think I should complain? And if so what are some good points I could make to convince my head of year?
Firstly, you as a Muslim should not be in these classes where things like this are happening. Allāh said (meaning): {And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’ân) that when you hear the Verses of Allâh being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allâh will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell.} [an-Nisā' 4:140] You're in a difficult situation having her as your teacher so you should definitely complain about her to make them get rid of her. You could mention the things you said in your post to your head of year, you know her best.
Reply 3
Original post by I7V
Firstly, you as a Muslim should not be in these classes where things like this are happening. Allāh said (meaning): {And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’ân) that when you hear the Verses of Allâh being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allâh will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell.} [an-Nisā' 4:140] You're in a difficult situation having her as your teacher so you should definitely complain about her to make them get rid of her. You could mention the things you said in your post to your head of year, you know her best.
Id just like to clarify that I didn’t choose this teacher nor did I previously know how she was. I cannot leave the classroom obviously but I have been defending my faith Alhamdulilah and correcting and clarifying to others any verses that she criticises. Ive reported this but as expected they have done nothing. I am now trying to move classes and drop RE entirely so please make dua for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending