The Student Room Group

greatest quote of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Failure isn't messing up, it's giving up- tomska
"Some people dream of success but you're going to wake up and work hard at it. Nothing is impossible" - Shia Labeouf
Keep moving forward
- meet the Robinsons Walt Disney
If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent him. ~ Voltaire
"Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold." - Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
"no homo is a very homophobic and offensive thing to say. It implies that there is something wrong with being a homosexual. I think the phrase should be abolished." - nohomo
"The meaning of life is to give life meaning" - Unknown
Reply 8
Original post by kamitersen

That's deep bro
If you repeat the same procedure over and over again and expect a different result, you're insane.
Reply 10
Original post by TheArtofProtest
"**** it" - Everyone

I think it said in the documentary about Andrew Wiles that he declared "**** it, I'll give it a go." before embarking on his 7 year journey to prove Fermat's last theorem
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply 12
Original post by Zenarthra
If you repeat the same procedure over and over again and expect a different result, you're insane.

What about spinning a roulette wheel with 999 1's and one 2? You'd generally get 1's coming up, but if you repeated sufficiently often, you might get a 2
Reply 13
Original post by kamitersen

If the meaning of life is to give life meaning (and nothing else as this seems to imply), how does this work? Do you not get caught in some infinite cycle of trying to give life meaning, looking at the meaning of life, and concluding that you have to give life meaning, and so on?
"I'm not racist but this guy I hate is." One of the most awesome quotes I know.
Reply 15
Original post by Dinasaurus
"I'm not racist but this guy I hate is." One of the most awesome quotes I know.

Thanks m8 :smile:
I have a personal one, as someone who over-thinks to the point of causing my own problems. So If I ever get too concerned with how I look, my height, how I sound etc (all the stuff that really matters, obviously :colonhash: )

'It's only a problem if it IS an problem' - Which to me means, is this a problem as in it stops you from doing things. Has it stopped you having beautiful girlfriends? No. Has it stopped you from acting right when the time has come? No. Has it stopped you socially? No. Has it ever really stopped you? ... No.

It's basically my way of quickly dealing with the insecurities we all feel/are put on us at times.

The other would be

"If it were easy everybody would do it"
Reply 17
Original post by Blind Ferret
I have a personal one, as someone who over-thinks to the point of causing my own problems. So If I ever get too concerned with how I look, my height, how I sound etc (all the stuff that really matters, obviously :colonhash: )

'It's only a problem if it IS an problem' - Which to me means, is this a problem as in it stops you from doing things. Has it stopped you having beautiful girlfriends? No. Has it stopped you from acting right when the time has come? No. Has it stopped you socially? No. Has it ever really stopped you? ... No.

It's basically my way of quickly dealing with the insecurities we all feel/are put on us at times.

The other would be

What about reading Mr Men books every evening?
Reply 18
Original post by Blind Ferret

The other would be

dawg?
Original post by nohomo
What about reading Mr Men books every evening?

I dunno, that's pretty hard for me. I can't torrent them and they're not online. The only place is the library and I'm not allowed within 200ft of school kids. So... I guess you can call me Mr **** outta luck.

Quick Reply

Latest