Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

greatest quote of all time? watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Failure isn't messing up, it's giving up- tomska

ReputationRep:
    "Some people dream of success but you're going to wake up and work hard at it. Nothing is impossible" - Shia Labeouf

ReputationRep:
    Keep moving forward
    - meet the Robinsons Walt Disney

ReputationRep:
    If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent him. ~ Voltaire

ReputationRep:
    "Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold." - Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars

ReputationRep:
    "no homo is a very homophobic and offensive thing to say. It implies that there is something wrong with being a homosexual. I think the phrase should be abolished." - nohomo

ReputationRep:
    "The meaning of life is to give life meaning" - Unknown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamitersen)
    That's deep bro

ReputationRep:
    If you repeat the same procedure over and over again and expect a different result, you're insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    "**** it" - Everyone
    I think it said in the documentary about Andrew Wiles that he declared "**** it, I'll give it a go." before embarking on his 7 year journey to prove Fermat's last theorem

ReputationRep:
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    If you repeat the same procedure over and over again and expect a different result, you're insane.
    What about spinning a roulette wheel with 999 1's and one 2? You'd generally get 1's coming up, but if you repeated sufficiently often, you might get a 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamitersen)
    If the meaning of life is to give life meaning (and nothing else as this seems to imply), how does this work? Do you not get caught in some infinite cycle of trying to give life meaning, looking at the meaning of life, and concluding that you have to give life meaning, and so on?

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not racist but this guy I hate is." One of the most awesome quotes I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    "I'm not racist but this guy I hate is." One of the most awesome quotes I know.
    Thanks m8

ReputationRep:
    I have a personal one, as someone who over-thinks to the point of causing my own problems. So If I ever get too concerned with how I look, my height, how I sound etc (all the stuff that really matters, obviously )

'It's only a problem if it IS an problem' - Which to me means, is this a problem as in it stops you from doing things. Has it stopped you having beautiful girlfriends? No. Has it stopped you from acting right when the time has come? No. Has it stopped you socially? No. Has it ever really stopped you? ... No.

It's basically my way of quickly dealing with the insecurities we all feel/are put on us at times.

The other would be

"If it were easy everybody would do it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blind Ferret)
    I have a personal one, as someone who over-thinks to the point of causing my own problems. So If I ever get too concerned with how I look, my height, how I sound etc (all the stuff that really matters, obviously )

'It's only a problem if it IS an problem' - Which to me means, is this a problem as in it stops you from doing things. Has it stopped you having beautiful girlfriends? No. Has it stopped you from acting right when the time has come? No. Has it stopped you socially? No. Has it ever really stopped you? ... No.

It's basically my way of quickly dealing with the insecurities we all feel/are put on us at times.

The other would be

What about reading Mr Men books every evening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blind Ferret)

The other would be

dawg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    What about reading Mr Men books every evening?
    I dunno, that's pretty hard for me. I can't torrent them and they're not online. The only place is the library and I'm not allowed within 200ft of school kids. So... I guess you can call me Mr **** outta luck.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.