The Student Room Group

Can I get into UNIVERSITY without MATHS GCSE C

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nasrinali
im in year 12 and was wondering could i get into university without a gcse grade c in maths, lets say grade d. and to mention i autistic which makes it really difficult to process mathematical information. i know its early and im resitting my maths, but i just want to know. i got a grade e in maths. i want to do fashion at university and want to go to the london college of fashion if anyone want to know.

thank you!!!

You know the stereotype that autistic people are good at maths,
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2013/08/autistic-kids-who-best-peers-at-math-show-different-brain-organization-study-shows.html

Its actually true and their is science to back it up. So your autism should not be holding you back with maths. Having said that the education system and peoples ignorance of autism could lead to you having a maths anxiety which could cause you to struggle with maths.
It is possible to get up to university without a C in maths. I know this because I recently got accepted into a university to study film studies and I literally got the most terrible grade in maths!!

If you go for a academic course then you need maths but if you go for a more theoretical course then you can still get in.

Best of luck!
This person is doing amazing and is autistic with goals and asperations!!! where's ur encouragement if u have nothing nice or positive to say keep ur opinions to ur self they only asked if there's Theresa chance to get in and that's exactly what this board is for!!!!!
preach
i might be
Reply 25
Some people just find maths very difficult it doesn’t mean they have a bad work ethic. And GCSE maths is more than just the basic numeracy you use every day.
My daughter was wondering which uni you are at? She has not completed maths and is currently in year 12 doing Phil Psy and English. She also wants to study into relations. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest