The Student Room Group

City of London application unsuccessful

So I applied to city of London to do child nursing. I sent my application on the 11/1/24 and they replied a day later with an “Your application to City, University of London for Children's Nursing has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place”. I really want to go to this university, what should I do.
My predicted grades are:
Distinction
Merit
C
Reply 1
So I applied to city uni for children nursing and they sent me this after 1 day of my application being sent. “Your application to City, University of London for Children's Nursing has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place.” I really want to go to this uni but I don’t know what to do. Can I basically beg for a spot and if so how can I do that. I am also retaking my maths GCSE. So I’m not sure if that is going to limit me on my uni choices.

My prediction grades are:
Health and social care - distinction
Travel and tourism - merit
Criminology- C
GCSE maths - 4
I think you need your English gsce as standard x
Reply 3
Think you need 5 in maths and English gcse
Reply 4
Original post by Michelle2505
I think you need your English gsce as standard x

I got a 6 in my English language and a 3 in English literature but I was one mark of a 4.
Reply 5
Original post by Laburnum1
Think you need 5 in maths and English gcse

The entry requirements on the website ask for a 4 in English language and in maths
Reply 6
Original post by Ha-
The entry requirements on the website ask for a 4 in English language and in maths

Children’s nursing is very competitive as there are fewer places than adult nursing but If you fulfilled all the essential criteria Maybe contact them and ask for feedback I’m sure they’ll let you know why you were rejected .
Reply 7
Original post by Ha-
So I applied to city uni for children nursing and they sent me this after 1 day of my application being sent. “Your application to City, University of London for Children's Nursing has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place.” I really want to go to this uni but I don’t know what to do. Can I basically beg for a spot and if so how can I do that. I am also retaking my maths GCSE. So I’m not sure if that is going to limit me on my uni choices.

Criminology- C
GCSE maths - 4

Nursing degrees usually requires potential students to have minimum requirements of English, maths and a science subject .

University Course Typically you'll need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above (possibly in English language or literature and a science subject), plus two A-levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications, such as a T level or BTEC. Some universities may ask for three A-levels or equivalent.

You can't beg unfortunately for a spot.
Don't give up on becoming a children nurse okay, keep trying.
If you don't meet the minimum entry requirements for the university then your application will be basically rejected without giving you a opportunity to have a interview, that's probably the reason you received the message from them saying that you been unsuccessful, withdraw or full.

Consider asking for feedback and then use it for applying next year and hopefully you'll have better success.
I know what it is like being rejected as been through that so many times over quite a few years for adult nursing.
I did eventually get a offer for to do midwifery and I have been qualified over four and half years.
Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get a offer for a nursing degree especially children nursing which is competitive like midwifery.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Tracey_W
Original post by Ha-

Criminology- C
GCSE maths - 4

Nursing degrees usually requires potential students to have minimum requirements of English, maths and a science subject .

University Course Typically you'll need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above (possibly in English language or literature and a science subject), plus two A-levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications, such as a T level or BTEC. Some universities may ask for three A-levels or equivalent.

You can't beg unfair for a spot.
If you don't meet the minimum entry requirements for the university then your application will be basically rejected without giving you a opportunity to have a interview, that's probably the reason you received the message from them saying that you been unsuccessful, withdraw or full.

Consider asking for feedback and then use it for applying next year and hopefully you'll have better success.
I know what it is like being rejected as been through that so many times over quite a few years for adult nursing.
I did eventually get a offer for to do midwifery and I have been qualified over four and half years.
Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get a offer for a nursing degree especially children nursing which is competitive like midwifery.

Thank you so much this has made me feel better 🥹🥹🫶🏽
Reply 9
Original post by Laburnum1

Children’s nursing is very competitive as there are fewer places than adult nursing but If you fulfilled all the essential criteria Maybe contact them and ask for feedback I’m sure they’ll let you know why you were rejected .

Yes I’m going to call them on Monday
Reply 10
Original post by Ha-

You can't beg unfair for a spot.

Thank you so much this has made me feel better 🥹🥹🫶🏽
You are welcome 🤗🤗

I didn't receive your messages you sent.

PM message me if you are able to.
Reply 11
Original post by Ha-

Criminology- C
GCSE maths - 4

Hi, I sent my application to do Children's Nursing at City in October. Last week they sent an invitation to attend a selection day. I checked the booking form just now and it seems that there aren't any places left to book. The form stated that these were the only dates available this year. Unfortunately, there may be a possibility that the course is already full.

Don't be disheartened though. I'm sure you're still waiting on your other choices.
Make sure to work hard to get the grades that you need and good luck on your other choices!
Reply 12
Original post by Zooba
Original post by Ha-

Criminology- C
GCSE maths - 4

Hi, I sent my application to do Children's Nursing at City in October. Last week they sent an invitation to attend a selection day. I checked the booking form just now and it seems that there aren't any places left to book. The form stated that these were the only dates available this year. Unfortunately, there may be a possibility that the course is already full.

Don't be disheartened though. I'm sure you're still waiting on your other choices.
Make sure to work hard to get the grades that you need and good luck on your other choices!

Thank you so much
I called them and they said it was because they didn’t accept one of my btec courses as it wasn’t science and health and social care
Reply 13
Original post by Ha-

Thank you so much
I called them and they said it was because they didn’t accept one of my btec courses as it wasn’t science and health and social care
Oh, that's unfortunate.
Are your other choices also for Children's Nursing?
Reply 14
Original post by Zooba
Original post by Ha-

Thank you so much

Oh, that's unfortunate.

Yes
I do health and social care and travel and tourism as btecs
Reply 15
Original post by Ha-
Original post by Zooba
Original post by Ha-

Thank you so much

Oh, that's unfortunate.

Yes
I do health and social care and travel and tourism as btecs

Have you checked the other courses and seen if they also require you to have sciences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending