The Student Room Group

Uni Application Functional Skills

Hi! So I'm in my last year of college and am hoping to get to university in September, I have been offered a place in my dream university for grades I can easily get- but the offer also says I need to pass a level 2 functional maths to be accepted.

I'm unsure even where to begin with this- do I do this through the university or online? I'm just really stressed overall as this is the only thing preventing me from attending :frown: I previously got a D in GCSE Maths due to my terrible highschool and undiagonised autism back then
You will need to resit your GCSE Maths and receive a higher grade. That is normal policy. In your case it seems they will accept functional skills Maths instead. Without either you wont be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by oleandercrash
Hi! So I'm in my last year of college and am hoping to get to university in September, I have been offered a place in my dream university for grades I can easily get- but the offer also says I need to pass a level 2 functional maths to be accepted.

I'm unsure even where to begin with this- do I do this through the university or online? I'm just really stressed overall as this is the only thing preventing me from attending :frown: I previously got a D in GCSE Maths due to my terrible highschool and undiagonised autism back then

Hi! I used passfunctionalskills I think it’s called, very reasonably priced and that’s level 2. Mine are booked mid feb with them as similar to you my conditional offer is based on a C In maths and English as couldn’t find my English cert and my maths was a D When I was in school.
If you go to the [url=https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/find-a-course/page?SearchTerm=functional%20skills&Town=&CourseType=[%22%22]&CourseHours=[%22%22]&CourseStudyTime=[%22%22]&StartDate=&Distance=&FilterA=False&Page=15&D=0&OrderByValue=&Coordinates=&CampaignCode=&QualificationLevels=]National Careers Service website, then you can search for providers. You can do the exams online or at a centre, and most have a rolling programme for entry (ie you take the exam when you're ready). Pass Functional Skills is a good website to look at, and has lots of past papers and revision advice.
Reply 4
there are many providers who do functional skills for free if you don’t already have a grade c/4 or above in maths. Also its not like GCSEs because you can resit if you need to several times a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending