The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah but Wales is only populated by white people and sheep.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah, a sheep "joke", must've taken all your brain power and originality to come up with that.

Think I'll write that one down so that I won't forget it.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Ah, a sheep "joke", must've taken all your brain power and originality to come up with that.

Think I'll write that one down so that I won't forget it.

You should write it on the sheep's back so the next time your dogging in a lay-by you won't forget.
Haha virus (boris) just pulled a Cameron. So by my reckoning the next pm is either going to be a cuckhold, a traitor, some man couple and orwell's worst nightmare.

Lord help us! How is fox even allowed to run? How is he still an MP?

It'll probably be the cuckhold whose wife think she's playing real life house of cards.
(edited 7 years ago)
What's happens to all these Scot MPs when Scotland leaves?
Teresa May is an absolute cow. I don't like any of them but at least that Crabb has a history of decent policies/actions.

Imagine a world where we are led by Angela Eagle as PM, and Trump as President. Would welcome the Caliphate tbh.
For once I agree with Shed, Crabb looks by far the best candidate of the *****y bunch. Bring back Cleggo I say, Lib Dems should get a surge of votes from this, if they play it right. Their leader doesn't seem to be capable of that
Gove would be a much scarier thought tbh
Boris is such a calculated ****
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Boris is such a calculated ****

He's Cersei :wink:
Original post by difeo
That's not true, many voted for economic reasons, even if they weren't valid

Nobody votes financially speaking for the unknown, the very premise of the sector is working with known variables. So you'd expect anyone who actually has some commercial awareness (and therefore feel comfortable voting for those reasons) would've voted remain. Obviously saying EVERYBODY voted on immigration is hyperbole, but it was definitely at least 90% of people who did.

Original post by fallen_acorns
Your being reactionary.

57% increase in hate crimes is to be expected.. this should surprise no one.. its not an increase in the way british people feel, just a awful reaction from the lowest part of society who are using this as an excuse to lash out.

But let me ask you this - and answer serriously - Do you think that number would be higher or lower, if we had voted to stay in?

If Remain won.. all those violent/hateful people who desperatly wanted to leave, do you think they would have been less violent/racist?

The 57% figure is meaningless, because what ever the referendum result, a vote like this was always going to charge racial tensions and cause in increase in problems.. In or Out people would have either been celebrating by lashing out at others.. or by lashing out in anger/frustration, but no matter what you were going to see an increase.

---

"that's over 17 million people, voted leave for the SOLE reason of restricted movement in the EU. That's them willing to risk the economy, mass relocations of major corporations and likely welfare cuts all to stop Agneiska from Poland seeking a better life for herself and her family."

Its this misinterpretation of peoples needs, that causes you to fail to understand why you lost the referendum (and I lost, as I voted IN). You dont understand why they are risking everything.. why no financial arguements were ever going to work in a referendum like this..

I am going to make assumptions about you now- so appologies if they are wrong - but as far as I know you are south Asian? Pakistani? or indian? and you were born in england (specifically london?) so your probably the 2nd or third generation of your family in the UK? maybe 4th?

This is my point, for you - your community, the psychological group around you is statically likely to be a very multi cultural one. With a core of your family/relitives being mono-culture, and then with a diverse multicultural wider group from school/university/work/social groups. That is likely to be the world you have always lived in (if you were born in the UK). So for you, a multicultrual UK is the norm, that is your society, and the wider in-group that you feel acceptable/comfortable/homely within.

(if that is true) then its a very important distinction between you and the majority of white british people. I have mentioned this again and again, but for everyone, their perception of their group is highly important, we are very tribal people and we always band together looking for saftey, familiarity, that sense of home, bellonging and pride. Its essential to us and what the glue in our society is based on.

For most people, in most countries that feeling still has huge links to how they percieve their culture, and for less (but still a lot of societies) huge links to how they percieve race. You cannot, absolutly cannot understimate this feeling and how important it is to others. Its not that they hate you or other cultures, just that you are (rightly) percieved as a threat to their own culture and group.. which is going to cause tension and problems.

You may take issue with the idea that your culture is a threat to another culture, and maybe for you multcultrualism works? after all, you are the child of it (if my presumtions about you are correct) and for you your in-group is a multicultured society.

But for most, it is a threat.

Right now, can you tell me 1 country where multicultrualism is working?

England has just voted against immgaration in the largest referendum in years.
America faces racially motivated shootings, race riots, police killings and more
Europe is seeing the largest shift to the right since the 1930s
East asai flat out refuses multicultrualism.
Austrailia's populist leaders are all against unlimited refugees, and the growing opinion is that immigration is getting to high
In the middle east cultures are murdering and destroying each other
In africa racial tensions are always high
etc. etc.

The point is its in our nature to value and treasure our own group, and the incraesing trend against the idea of groups, and in favour of the idea of globalisation and a world without groups - is causing a kickback around most of the western world.

But its not because they have a deep rooted hatred of you. Most english people, if they understand their own feelings, dont hate other cultures.. what they hate is the idea of other cultures destroying their own. They dont hate you, they hate the effect they percieve you to be having.

---

Comparitivly the UK is a very loving and accepting country. even in comparison to our european neighbors, we are very tolerant and excepting.. are we perfect and amazing? no, but that perfect multiculltrual society where everyone lives in peace and harmony and all races, cultures and people are treated 100% equally both in law and society = is something which will never happen, as it goes against our core nature of our own, and the others, England right now is about as good as it gets.. and looking at the trend in western countries, I think its as good as its ever going to get.

I don't disagree with the points you've made, I believe England is the greatest nation on Earth, with equal rights for all and more diversity than anywhere else. And you're right, I'm nitpicking. It won't get any better than this, it's all downhill from here. I'm looking into a future with Gove at the helm of our country, and all I see is the government moving further to the right which will increase hatred towards others (I can see the hijab being banned from the workplace within the next 10 years for example). It's not an issue that many of us have been confronted with before, we're all intelligent people and roll in intelligent circles, but we're outnumbered by chavs in this country. They've always been harnessed in the past, but now they've seen if they get together they can get results, so where does this stop?

Zerf was bang on as well. What I'd say is that British people are far less open about hatred towards others than Europeans who will openly say it to your face, but they still feel the same way. Pro tip btw, comparing China to the UK is akin to me comparing our political corruption to Pakistan's, or Will Grigg to Neymar, aka a complete mismatch.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Louis.

2. Part of me understands the timing. While Corbyn is leader they're essentially guaranteeing a Tory majority, ****ing over the people Corbyn claims to help. There's massive self-indulgence with Corbyn and his supporters, they'd take feeling good about being ideologically pure over actually helping people. The EU referendum presents a huge opportunity to get rid of an awful leader, so I get that.

Timing is due the Chilcot Inquiry, due to be published next week. Majority of (if not all) MP's against Corbyn also supported the war against Iraq. If Corbyn is still in power by July 6th, he's not going anywhere.
Reply 6212
Definitely @difeo
Original post by Rk2k14
Definitely @difeo

Funny post instantly invalidated by a retarded amount of emojis.
Original post by Rk2k14
Definitely @difeo

I'd find some similar banter about Nas but no one knows who he is
Reply 6215
Original post by difeo
I'd find some similar banter about Nas but no one knows who he is

No one meaning Luke.

Fots.
Original post by difeo
I'd find some similar banter about Nas but no one my age (12) and under knows who he is

Hmmmm
Might actually try and get tickets to David Brent and Foregone Conclusion in London. "I've got some hot love on the freelove freeway where love is free and the freeways long"
Original post by atom y humber
Hmmmm

Luke is that you
Original post by difeo
Luke is that you

Don't you dare mention my name you little paedo *****

xoxo

Latest