The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9580
Original post by swirly
Why can't you ever just back anything I have to say :colonhash:

Have you ever wondered why, in Wacky races, the mean machine chap always ****s up? He probably has the best car, he can easily win. Yet, he goes out of his way to make the race difficult for other people and consequently loses.

This chap:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Have you ever wondered why, in Wacky races, the mean machine chap always ****s up? He probably has the best car, he can easily win. Yet, he goes out of his way to make the race difficult for other people and consequently loses.

Think the producers were trying to show that if you try to bring down those beside you, you only bring yourself down, and they will go on without you. It is your light, not your darkness that will see you prosper. It's the classic crabs in the barrel situation. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the barrel, but instead they claw at each other to prevent any escape.
Reply 9583
Original post by Lúcio
Did you care how boring his football was when he was at Chelsea, or were you not overly bothered providing he won you trophies?

In 13/14 not so much as he got us to a cl semi final. In 14/15 losing to a 10man psg side with a stronger team than them because he played so defensively was ridiculous.

I was turning on him even when we won the title but had the hope that mourinho would get us to play more attacking football. The thing is being pragmatic doesn't mean never take risks, it means make calculated decisions. If you are facing a team that can't break you down and are bad defensively, why not attack them with a bit of sustained pressure rather than play ****ing oscar up top and settle for a draw?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
That's what they want you to think ffs.

You have to open your eyes like the bulimic on the see saw, then they won't get anything over you head!!

Views on the golden ratio and its prevalency in nature?
Having an exam during half term is sh*t enough. Now got to wait all day for champions league. Great.
@Kenan and Kel how tf did you make it through season 2 of the Wire? Major yawn.
Original post by swirly

Once you're finished with The Wire, you'll probably reflect back on it and think, 'OMG that might actually be the best season of the lot'
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Having an exam during half term is sh*t enough. Now got to wait all day for champions league. Great.

You won't have that problem next year, as you don't ge half term at uni. Quit your whining.

Original post by swirly

Imagine not replying to me about the golden ratio, you absolute snake. SA would've replied
Original post by The Wavefunction

Imagine not replying to me about the golden ratio, you absolute snake. SA would've replied

I don't know what it is :frown:

Imagine not replying to me about the golden ratio, you absolute snake.

The golden ratio is an amazing discovery. The visual aesthics are second to none, Leonardo was a boss.

Wish i could go live in those times and gain inspiration from him.
Original post by trapking
The golden ratio is an amazing discovery. The visual aesthics are second to none, Leonardo was a boss.

Wish i could go live in those times and gain inspiration from him.

Yeah, it's stuff like that that make me think that this can't all be a coincidence. Although I suppose if you have an infinite amount of planets then coincidence is all you need, but I cba to get into that.

You can still take influence today, he was an intellectual anomaly, he could do it all.
Yeah, it's stuff like that that make me think that this can't all be a coincidence. Although I suppose if you have an infinite amount of planets then coincidence is all you need, but I cba to get into that.

You can still take influence today, he was an intellectual anomaly, he could do it all.

Yeah, I would like to study his work in a bit more depth after i graduate. A lot of his ideas are amazing.

Napoleon also had superior intellect.
Reply 9593
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Once you're finished with The Wire, you'll probably reflect back on it and think, 'OMG that might actually be the best season of the lot'

No you won't.
The wire is just kenan's excuse to say "Look at me, I'm different"
Some excellent #beef between Gary Lineker and Tommy Robinson tonight. Far Right twitter is a truly odd place.
Original post by AR_95
The Wire is such a common hipster choice its not really hipster anymore.
How the **** is The Wire a hipster show?
Reply 9598
Fizzel chatting ****.

End is near.
Reply 9599
Original post by AR_95

Latest