Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    are you srs???? ' such an easy test'
    k it wasnt easy, but like it wasnt that hard as long as you revised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah
    Yes!! I put agree woth you and i put A as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roastedcrumbs)
    No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%
    Okay, that's obviously how you were supposed to do it :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah
    Same, I'm hoping for low grade boundaries! Some questions were quite easy, but I have feeling many people will lose marks on silly mistakes.
    I put athlete foot because you can transmit it though vectors I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At this rate I may need to get 80% on the depth paper lol?!

ReputationRep:
    You're right. Athlete's Foot is a fungi and can be direct (e.g. contact) or indirect (e.g. formite).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:
    Well this is certainly going to make them feel better about it!

ReputationRep:
    For the halophytes question I put high solute concentration in cell leading to low wp and water moving down wp grad into cell by osmosis. But I didnt put anything about carrier proteins. How many marks would I lose
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by haes)
    Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????
    I read it as that too?

ReputationRep:
    How did you work out how much oxygen was sent to the tissues or something like that?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I put A athlete's foot too, I'm pretty sure HIV is direct transmission..

(Original post by Desouza123)
    How did you work out how much oxygen was sent to the tissues or something like that?
    5 dm3 = 5000cm3
    5000/100 = 50
    50*20.1=1005cm^3

ReputationRep:
    Feel like **** after that exam :bawling:, now I need to get a friggen A at Depth if I want to stay on the course...

ReputationRep:
    No point in looking backwards now
    What do we think is going to be on depth?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by roastedcrumbs)
    No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%
    I got this too, I hope it's right, it was the only math question I felt confident on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    5 dm3 = 5000cm3
    5000/100 = 50
    50*20.1=1005cm^3
    Ohh damn I didnt know you had to convert it into cm Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Would around 53-55 be an A? I don't know how much the grade boundaries are going to shift but i feel like a lot of people found it easy..

ReputationRep:
    HIV could be both direct or indirect too. So I'm pretty sure A is right (I picked that) becuase althletes foot is definetely both indirect and direct.
    If anything, althletes foot is the most right.

ReputationRep:
    For the MCQ on what is present in eukaryotes and prokaryotes did you put ribosomes?
    Also for the transpiration MCQ I think it was the Water filter did not have to be covered whilst taking readings. Not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    How are two polynucleotides in DNA held together:

- Adenine pairs to Thymine, Cytosine pairs to Guanine
    - 2 Hydrogen bonds between A and T, 3 Hydrogen bonds between G and C
    - A purine bonds to a pyramidine

THis is what i put for that question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.