The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for each question ? For instance how many marks would be needed for an A*,A and B out of each question in terms of bands. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was 24.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 20.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A and 16.5 per question + 4 SPaG for a B.

(Band wise: high band 5 for an A*, high band 4 for an A, low band 4 for a B.)

The year before, it was even lower:

23.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 19.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A, and 15.5/question + 4 SPaG for a B!

(Band wise: mid band 5 for an A*, mid band 4 for A, and high band 3 for a B!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone do Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES which question did you do??
Original post by 11ahf
Last year it was 24.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 20.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A and 16.5 per question + 4 SPaG for a B.

(Band wise: high band 5 for an A*, high band 4 for an A, low band 4 for a B.)

The year before, it was even lower:

23.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 19.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A, and 15.5/question + 4 SPaG for a B!

(Band wise: mid band 5 for an A*, mid band 4 for A, and high band 3 for a B!)

Thanks for that. Is the SPaG a part of the 23.5 or can you still get an A* without any SPaG marks ? Just curious lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizzie_Ts
YES which question did you do??

I did the question regarding 'The 100% perfect girl' and then for Part B talked about how Ms. Rutter is presented in 'The Darkness out there'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollycatb
I chose the question on conflict and I elaborated on the conflict within the characters, the impending warfare, the conflict between the classes and Eric's conflict between himself and his family. Is it bad that I said that Eric's drinking habits could illustrate his detachment from the capitalist doctrine as he is evidently uninhibited my the prospect of tainting his family's reputation and how as a result, he's more receptive to The inspectors overall message of societal unity? Feel like I've messed up. I also only had 20 minutes to write the Of Mice and Men section and I I started talking utter rubbish about how the patriarchy and economic instability of the 1930s makes it impossible for the American dream to be attained. So done w life lol

What band would these ideas be in? I think they're a little far fetched to be anything above band 3/4
Guys guys if you don't know how to revise like me and you need quote, simply just get a Text Guide by CGP, this is a page from An inspector calls and its so easy to revise from cause it's all there:smile: it's £6 but totally worth it! It helps a lot. Got one for Of mice and Men which I just had today and some of the quote I used came from the of mice and men book. They don't do Heroes book unforturely, AIC and Heroes is what I'm doing on Friday. image.jpg
Reply 1166
Thanks for that. Is the SPaG a part of the 23.5 or can you still get an A* without any SPaG marks ? Just curious lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have no SPaG marks, you'd need 25.5 in each part. But no SPaG marks is nigh on impossible, so... c;
Original post by 11ahf
If you have no SPaG marks, you'd need 25.5 in each part. But no SPaG marks is nigh on impossible, so... c;

Hahaha. Yeah. I know. I just wanted to know. I'm taking a revision break. Thanks anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What poems do you think will come up on friday for aqa unit 2 from the relationships cluster?
Original post by scarlotta1134
don't worry they'll mark what you wrote. one girl in my year answered a section from an exam she hadn't studied and they gave her an A* as a predicted grade. they'll mark it as if the question was what you answered

Yes they will mark what you wrote but I am sorry to say, they will mark what you wrote based on the question you were meant to answer not a different question.
did anybody do an inspector calls : gerald and Sheila question and to kill a mockingbird? what points did you make
Original post by jenay.jones
did anybody do an inspector calls : gerald and Sheila question and to kill a mockingbird? what points did you make

Yeah Gearld and shiela at the start
at the end
the detraition
The message that priestley is getting across about exploitation about woman
did shiela learn the lesson
the future of woman
Original post by LNDNWASPS
Yeah Gearld and shiela at the start
at the end
the detraition
The message that priestley is getting across about exploitation about woman
did shiela learn the lesson
the future of woman

Thankyou! which quotes did you use? I used the one where she says about him leaving her all summer and she wondered where he was I said it suggested they have open honest relationship ect and also used the one where she hands him the engagement ring back. I only did 2 paragaphs I ran out of time.
Original post by jenay.jones
Thankyou! which quotes did you use? I used the one where she says about him leaving her all summer and she wondered where he was I said it suggested they have open honest relationship ect and also used the one where she hands him the engagement ring back. I only did 2 paragaphs I ran out of time.

(hands over the ring)
only now I feel engaged
I was busy working or something like that
eva is pretty
we are all one bodies of society
Original post by Ella_08
For OMAM what did everyone say about the extract?

ermmm my main points were Lennie still believed the dream, he 'shouted' showing how he's still child, he obeyed george. george tried to detach emotion by being 'business like', the ominous sounds like the 'crashing' etc.
then my personal points were that the pool flowed 'up' inferring it could've been up to heaven not down to hell for Lennie and then when geroge says nobodies gonna hurt lennie no more and the other 2 things he says along those lines- i said he could've been talking about heaven not the dream.
Original post by scarlotta1134
ermmm my main points were Lennie still believed the dream, he 'shouted' showing how he's still child, he obeyed george. george tried to detach emotion by being 'business like', the ominous sounds like the 'crashing' etc.
then my personal points were that the pool flowed 'up' inferring it could've been up to heaven not down to hell for Lennie and then when geroge says nobodies gonna hurt lennie no more and the other 2 things he says along those lines- i said he could've been talking about heaven not the dream.

could you talk about the atmosphere being juxtaposed with the intenisty of george when he is shakily and also could you talk about how he distanced himself with lennie? as infered by the word 'didtant
could you talk about the atmosphere being juxtaposed with the intenisty of george when he is shakily and also could you talk about how he distanced himself with lennie? as infered by the word 'didtant

Yeah. You could. That was what it was asking you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xy_
How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?

3 1/2 for AIC

2 1/2 OMAM

1 1/2 OMAM 2

I really hope I get an A* overall for Literature because that is what I'm predicted.

I also talked about the metaphoric nature of the wind clearing the leaves. The wind is a representation of death taking what is unnecessary and not needed. I said that the whole imagery of the wind and leaves is foreshadowing death and thus builds tension. Hope that's of A* quality. It's only a bit of what I wrote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I really hope I get an A* overall for Literature because that is what I'm predicted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am predicted an A but i got 38/40 in courseworks and want an A* hopefully the potery can help me achieve this as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending