The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kinda sucks. Most of the invigilators for our school are teachers.
Reply 21
butterfly_girl_5
what so all this nuisance with the invigilators is over once we leave school?? thankyou! thank god!!

but omg that sounds horrible! poor you for having to go through that!! I cant believe how unsympathetic some people are- i would bend over backwards for anyone who had an exam- theyre so stressful. you should coplain about the invigilitors!

Noooo you still get invigilators at uni! :rolleyes: I think more often than not they'll be a member of staff you'll recognise though.

I have to say I've not had problems... at our school we have a maths teacher who organises exams, and actually it;s pretty efficient. He says under JCQ rules you can take any drink int othe exam long as it isn't fizzy (or tea or something), and we're allowed snacks. Apparently that's all legal by the boards... I took cookie dough in my Maths... had like an hour after i'd finished, so I checked it about 1000 times and just ate it all. :smile:

I feel sorry for people who have bad ones... It must be so annoying... :frown:
Haha,
Reading through these posts makes me laugh

My friend has dyslexia and so has to do her exams in a room on her own as she gets extra time and only one invigilator has to watch her. Apparently one invigilator she had started to talk to her about how tall her son was, and how messy his room was this morning. It makes me laugh as they come accross so serious and mean lol...in fact...THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE!!!
OHMIGOSHH
lol
I hate it when they point and laugh, :mad: its soo off putting.:mad:

:cool: Matthew Rowland:cool:
Reply 23
mattrowland07
Haha,
Reading through these posts makes me laugh

My friend has dyslexia and so has to do her exams in a room on her own as she gets extra time and only one invigilator has to watch her. Apparently one invigilator she had started to talk to her about how tall her son was, and how messy his room was this morning. It makes me laugh as they come accross so serious and mean lol...in fact...THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE!!!
OHMIGOSHH
lol
I hate it when they point and laugh, :mad: its soo off putting.:mad:

:cool: Matthew Rowland:cool:

Lmao ^ :p:
Reply 24
1. Water- Yes, you should be able to take this in with you. But if you can't, i don't think it's the end of the world. Was it really necessary to ask for it? :dontknow:
2. Toilet- I find it really annoying when people go to the toilet anyway. Half of the time i am bursting to go, but i just hold it in. I know that it is very distracting to have someone loudly get out of their seat, laugh with embarrassment, then slam the door on the way out. Repeated when they come back. If they couldn't find someone to take you, tough. Teachers have better things to do than wait around for the next person who wants to go to the toilet, most probably caused because they forgot to go before the exam.
3. You should know your seat number. And sitting in the wrong seat is a bit silly. I know that people do it in my school as a joke, and the invidgilators have a right to get a bit pissed off.

[EDIT] Sorry if i sounded harsh, i wasn't meaning to. But i just had to say it. :smile:
Reply 25
I remember in my GCSEs one invigilator was practicing his batting strokes for cricket every now and then at the side of the hall, very distracting for those who could see him lol...

I have a question though, half the room(including me) think that my invigilator on friday for my AS Geography exam(yesterday) didn't give us enough time for our 3rd paper.

She gave us a 5 minute break after the 2nd paper, and didn't re-write the starting time and end time for the 3rd paper. So we only got 55 minutes instead of the full 60, I might complain as I could have got a few extra marks with that time, especially as I was halfway through a question when she told us to stop.
Is there any point though?:frown:

I'll be very upset if i'm a few marks off the grade I want.
Brackets
I have a question though, half the room(including me) think that my invigilator on friday for my AS Geography exam(yesterday) didn't give us enough time for our 3rd paper.

She gave us a 5 minute break after the 2nd paper, and didn't re-write the starting time and end time for the 3rd paper. So we only got 55 minutes instead of the full 60, I might complain as I could have got a few extra marks with that time, especially as I was halfway through a question when she told us to stop.
Is there any point though?:frown:

I'll be very upset if i'm a few marks off the grade I want.

You might as well complain. You've got nothing to lose, and if you do end up being a few marks off the next grade, you'll be kicking yourself wondering whether complaining would have made any difference, although unfortunately it probably won't.
Most of the invigilators in my school are OK, however most of them are really quite old, and as our school is so big and it takes a good 5/10 minutes to walk from one exam hall to the other, the invigilators and exams office now use walkie talkies to communicate if there is a problem, so every so often in exams you hear these 80 year old invigilators shouting into a walkie talkie just outside the exam hall, trying to figure out how to work it. grrr!
Reply 28
spiritofsussex
Most of the invigilators in my school are OK, however most of them are really quite old, and as our school is so big and it takes a good 5/10 minutes to walk from one exam hall to the other, the invigilators and exams office now use walkie talkies to communicate if there is a problem, so every so often in exams you hear these 80 year old invigilators shouting into a walkie talkie just outside the exam hall, trying to figure out how to work it. grrr!

They use walkie talkies sometimes in my exams aswell, its usually 'brenda, brenda come in please'. But more than often we're interupted by sheep
bah-ing outside the exam rooms because they're lost.
Reply 29
It seems you peeps are unaware that invigilators play a few games during exams. One such game is too see how long you can stand next to the ugliest kid. The invigilator who 'hovers' by the ugliest kid for the longest is the champion.

Another, is known as 'invigilator cricket', the objective of this game is to walk up and down between the rows of students and you score a 'run' each time you do this. But if a kid sticks their hand up to ask for something, that means you're out!

-this is totally true!
Reply 30
kastro9
It seems you peeps are unaware that invigilators play a few games during exams. One such game is too see how long you can stand next to the ugliest kid. The invigilator who 'hovers' by the ugliest kid for the longest is the champion.

Another, is known as 'invigilator cricket', the objective of this game is to walk up and down between the rows of students and you score a 'run' each time you do this. But if a kid sticks their hand up to ask for something, that means you're out!

-this is totally true!

LOL! I'm going to notice that in the exam today, and stick my hand up to put the mean invigilators out :P

Latest

Trending

Trending