The Student Room Group

asked for another question paper in alevel exam

hi everyone, i have a question to ask thats been worrying me

i had an exam today and long story short i ended up asking for a new question paper where i could rewrite my answer of the question, as the initial paper was really messy and it made me even more anxious than i already was.

when the exam ended, the invigilator asked for the initial paper, and the second paper she gave me. she also asked asked me to make sure i’ve crossed all the answers i wrote on my initial paper.

i was wondering if this could lead to any issues, as would this mean i have submitted two papers into the exam board? i’m scared it will create problems in grading. i am incredibly anxious about this and if anyone has any information about this topic i would greatly appreciate it. thank you so so much.
(edited 11 months ago)
It's not a big problem, as long as you cross things out properly! They collect your 1st paper mostly so that people can't leak the paper out - some people take the exam "later" than other (for example, if 2 of your exams overlap and you have to take one after another).

Even if you have multiple answers, the person who grade it will usually take the correct answers. And if you have no answer but a crossed out one, they will mark the crossed out bit. (Dunno if it's still true - at least it was 7 years ago). So don't worry, examiner is a lot kinder than people thought!
Reply 2
Original post by Arctic Kitten
It's not a big problem, as long as you cross things out properly! They collect your 1st paper mostly so that people can't leak the paper out - some people take the exam "later" than other (for example, if 2 of your exams overlap and you have to take one after another).

Even if you have multiple answers, the person who grade it will usually take the correct answers. And if you have no answer but a crossed out one, they will mark the crossed out bit. (Dunno if it's still true - at least it was 7 years ago). So don't worry, examiner is a lot kinder than people thought!

hi!!

oh my god, thank you so so so much for this answer!! i’m just worried because i’m scared they’d view my answers on the first paper as my actual answer and actually mark it since my ‘real answer’ is on the second paper!! i just hope this doesn’t happen😭

buy thank you so much for your answer, it means a lot😊😊 i hope you have an amazing day!

Quick Reply

Latest