The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by aaron199419
^ I sent in the original mark transcript- I was a bit apprehensive posting it, but I'm pretty sure they need the original.
Just make sure you send it recorded delivery (or something similar) :smile:

Did you get it back?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by -Rrose
Did you get it back?

yes, they sent it back a week later signed delivery.
Reply 202
Hey everyone,

Got my offer yesterday for MSc Business Analytics :smile:

Good luck to everyone starting in September!!!
Reply 203
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Congrats to all the offer holders! Just got an offer for MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Management.

I have a question for those who have already accepted your offers. How did you go about with the official confirmation of qualifications? Did you actually send the original? I find this to be quite risky being an intl student. Any thoughts?

My offer required me to submit an original transcript proving my grades. The scanned copy I provided wasn't enough it seems.

Went to my universities website and got an eTranscript that is sent directly to the recipients email.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 204
Got my offer some weeks ago for Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces MSc. Conditional offer on a 8 GPA. I have started thinking where is the cheapest place to live near Imperial... any advice?
Original post by white2black
Yup, nothing. Indeed.

FYI, I just received my answer for Applied Mathematics. I got rejected.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 206
I applied for the MSc in Bioinformatics and Theoretical Systems Biology, but I'm not holding out much hope because I applied really late!
Original post by BlackyMeow
FYI, I just received my answer for Applied Mathematics. I got rejected.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have any other choice remaining with ICL?

Nothing here yet. I am wondering if they await the outcome from the Brexit referendum. Because that can surely have an impact on whether I'd need a visa or not to study in England :-?
Hi, I am still deciding whether to accept the offer to study a Master in Environmental Engineering at Imperial College for 2016. I know is 1 of the best engineering university but concerned about the workload and intensity. Is there anyone taking/taken this course or other engineering course can share your thoughts and consideration?

I am also applying for Master in Environment System Engineering UCL and pending their update, although UCL engineering is not as strong as Imperial. Thanks.
Reply 209
Hi all, has anyone on here applied for a Mres Biomedical research and received an interview? If so what kind of questions should I be expecting from them? Thanks in advance!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BiBLN
congraaaaats. I am happy for you :biggrin::banana::banana: .. yeah, yes of course! I dont mind at all. We will be in touch.

I'll see you guys there too :biggrin:
Hi Everyone I have recently been asked for skype interview from Imperial and its for Msc management I am honestly freaking out about it as I dont know what to expect ? could someone please send me questions they ask and the process of interview conducted ?
Reply 212
Hi there,

I'm studying Chemical Engineering at a decent university and have achieved a first in my first two years (74% in my first year and 72% in my second year). I plan on applying to the MSc for Advanced Chemical Engineering for the 2017 entry. I feel that my grades would put me in the middle of the pack so is there anything else I could do to stand out and improve my chances for the 2017 entry?

Thanks guys!
That sounds good. You have to remember as well, admissions won't just look at grades but other aspects such as work experience, personal statement and references. As long as you got all those elements in a great quality, I'm sure you will have more than a chance of gaining an offer.
Reply 214
Original post by Everez
Forgot to mention in my previous post - this is also one of the things that happened just before I got an offer. The current status changed from under consideration to currently being processed. You will probably hear back soon

Hey Everez,
Just would like to ask u if u are sure if the status of the application changed as u mentioned and the year of admissions/program start date is added, it means that I will be getting an offer or does it just mean that I will hear from the university soon?
Thanks
Reply 215
Hey everyone
please for the people who recieved the offer and for the people who got rejected, if on e-service the year of admission/program start date appears to be 1 October and the application status is changed to : Application recieved and currently being processed, does this mean I will soon get an offer or it changes for everyone(even to those who got rejected) since it means that I will get the answer soon.
Please I need an answer asap since I'm getting nervous
Thanks very much:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
It just means your application is still currently being considered
Does anyone know if there's a specific date by which we need to meet the offer?
Reply 218
Original post by calmsmile93
Is there only a few Masters courses at Imperial that requires an interview? I got an offer for the MSc Human Molecular Genetics course without having to go to interview. Excited to attend Imperial! :smile:

Hey I'm new to SR but saw you are studying Human Molecular Genetics too this year! Im so excited too :smile:
Original post by HMG16
Hey I'm new to SR but saw you are studying Human Molecular Genetics too this year! Im so excited too :smile:

Hey HMG16! That's great to hear that you'll be doing Human Molecular Genetics too! Looking forward to it! Not long now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending