The Student Room Group

New Spec Edexcel Official History Paper 1:Breadth study with interpretations-18th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
hello!

I do exactly the same!

i do the same!
I'm doing Route F which is covering America in Paper 1 and South Africa in Paper 2
We have only started revising Section C content now and I don't think we will be done by the time exams start 😭
Original post by jamestg
No idea.

Can't imagine they will be lower than other years unless the questions are weird...

80% for an A is a safe bet :smile:

My teacher said that 80% is an A also
It goes down in 10%

80% = A
70% = B
60% = C
50% = D
40% = E
30% & Below = U i'm guessing

how are y'all feeling?
I think this is the exam I'm most worried about this year. I'm doing Russia Lenin-Yeltsin, does anyone have any tips for answering the interpretations question? Good luck with your revision everyone:smile:
Original post by thepurplerain
I think this is the exam I'm most worried about this year. I'm doing Russia Lenin-Yeltsin, does anyone have any tips for answering the interpretations question? Good luck with your revision everyone:smile:

I'm doing this too! PM me!!
Reply 25
How are you revising for route c?
I do Option H; Democracies in Change. Britain 1918-1997 and then USA 1955-1995 I think? Can't remember what year it ends!
Reply 27
Anyone doing Route C - Britain and Russia? I'm honestly so stressed out with the Britain one, does anyone have any advice with revision for it?
Reply 28
Hey guys, any predictions for essay questions that might come up this year?
Original post by nickg15b
This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.

http://technocratnotes.com/paper-1-9/

http://www.tutor2u.net/

http://revisionworld.com/a2-level-level-revision

The Technocrat website dosen't seem to actually have any content for History that I can find? Maybe the android app does but I have an iPhone.
Reply 30
Original post by ejb1999
Anyone doing Route C - Britain and Russia? I'm honestly so stressed out with the Britain one, does anyone have any advice with revision for it?

I am! Personally, I'm currently finding my best way of revising is going through essay questions that COULD come up (obviously there's no past papers - if you want some essay questions I could stick some on here). Rather than actually writing each one out for 45 minutes, I'm finding the best way to revise is by planning them in detail; make it colourful, tables, mindmaps - whatever works for you. Detailed plans make sure you know the knowledge, as well as acknowledging the content through an essay.

I mean, seeming as it's the first year of the course the questions are gonna be easy peasy (as far as easy peasy gets with A Level History), so I wouldn't be terribly worried about some weird weird question. The typical stuff's probably gonna pop up.
Reply 31
Original post by bearo99
I am! Personally, I'm currently finding my best way of revising is going through essay questions that COULD come up (obviously there's no past papers - if you want some essay questions I could stick some on here). Rather than actually writing each one out for 45 minutes, I'm finding the best way to revise is by planning them in detail; make it colourful, tables, mindmaps - whatever works for you. Detailed plans make sure you know the knowledge, as well as acknowledging the content through an essay.

I mean, seeming as it's the first year of the course the questions are gonna be easy peasy (as far as easy peasy gets with A Level History), so I wouldn't be terribly worried about some weird weird question. The typical stuff's probably gonna pop up.

That's exactly what I'm doing! What do you predict?
Reply 32
Original post by bearo99

Thank you so much for replying! I've started to do this in school with my teacher and class mates, and we're planning it using our hands - tracing around them then writing points on the paper to support and to oppose the question, which I find really useful! I'm nervous for the exam but I'm really hopeful - I just need to cram dates into my head! :smile:
Original post by fatimarrr
I'm doing Route F which is covering America in Paper 1 and South Africa in Paper 2
We have only started revising Section C content now and I don't think we will be done by the time exams start 😭

My teacher has taught us two themes for USA, two topics for SA, and hasn't even gone over Reagan in the USA sections. She hasn't even gone throguh them in any detail, it's all an overview. It's not even like I can go to another History teacher for help bc my college only has one teacher for History. I guess I'm screwed for this exam! Good luck for it though!
Reply 34
I am!! I've made all my notes on each subheading in the book BUT what I haven't done is gone through imperial expansion and it's so confusing ... Mind sharing?
Reply 35
Original post by popcornjpg
Hello all.

How do you all find interpretations? It is the only part of the exam I sort of find difficult, on the others I have been getting high marks.

Original post by veryambitchious
sadly I'm doing Route G: Germany and West Germany 1918-89 and the rise and fall of fascism in Italy 1911-46.

Original post by jamestg
HELLO!

I do exactly the same!

In case you guys may have not known, Technocrat Notes have recently released their app for the apple app store. just click the link to get it.

Now on Apple App store and Google play - The Technocrat Notes App

Appstore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
Reply 36
Original post by TSRMatt
Does anyone do Route E: Russia 1917-91 Lenin to Yeltsin?? Also GDR: 1949-90??

I'm setting up Skype sessions if anyone wants to do some revision over Easter?

Instagram: matt.h.photos

How did you find it then? I do Lenin-Yeltsin but with China.
Original post by Sopherz

I found the paper alright actually, the last question was really nice! I think I got around 46/60?
Original post by Sopherz

SAME! What did you think of it?
Reply 39
Original post by Major Wilson
SAME! What did you think of it?

Really awful actually :frown: I'll be surprised if I got a D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending