The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nad_18
what would the grade boundary predictions be for this exam. i hoping for like a 40-41 for an A and 34-35 for a B

likely to be much lower, they have never been as low as that, last year was 47 for an A and 42 to for a B and year before was 42 for an A and 37 for a B which is one of the lowest there has been.
Reply 281
hey guys, can somebody make a poll?
Reply 282
Original post by Dayzh
hey guys, can somebody make a poll?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4088995

Made a rough one if anyone wants to vote and leave a comment on exact figures
i can't believe that exam. it was so obscure and asked about such a small portion of the syllabus its unfair. at least its reassuring we are all in it together..
I thought the exam was difficult in the way they asked questions on such a small area of the syllabus. However this is to be expected as these are questions that haven't been widely identified in past papers. As this F581 was the last of its series they will have had to put these questions in the exam to compliment the syllabus, the questions themselves were straight forward, the grade boundaries will not accommodate to the area of questions asked on the syllabus, they will be set according to the national averages scored in the paper.
yeah but I'm pretty sure the definition of market mechanism isn't on the syllabus or what domestic fuel is? and they asked 3 comment questions which is unusual and they changed the structure of the elasticity 10 mark questions. so i think it was a pretty difficult exam
Reply 286
Original post by tommruru123
I realise the general consensus is that this was a difficult paper and that this will be reflected in the grade boundaries. However as we are all A2 students do you think this would push up grade boundaries, or do you think the fact that we are resit candidates means that on average candidates will be weaker? Thoughts on the grade boundaries. Using the unofficial mark scheme, looking like i'm between 42 and 47 marks.

Mate can you link the matkscheme please. I'm aware it's the unofficial one
Original post by Shaq96
Mate can you link the matkscheme please. I'm aware it's the unofficial one

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K6g3CkcVf0wVx0WZycySx3sK7yWAn8vpSQmZ5gmQxY/edit#heading=h.e5xp2rp96tp

Here you go brother
Reply 288
Really appreciate it mate. I was worried sick but I should be comfortably getting an A. Still going at f582 with a vengeance nonetheless
Reply 289
We move onto F582 now, there is probably no point in predicting anything considering today's events.
Reply 290
Oi boys, proper **** show today's exam, cheeky OCR pulling out trade permits and that. Not a fan, not a fan at all.
Legend, Thanks mate
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm hoping that the grade boundary for an A this year for F581 is like 40 - 41 because that exam was harder than the June 2012 one which was like 42/60 marks for an A.
yes but we are all A2 students meaning grade boundaries will be higher than anticipated. i would say 44-45 for an A
Original post by Pato1
We move onto F582 now, there is probably no point in predicting anything considering today's events.

Loads of people predicted the tradeable pollution permits question so that helped out loads
Anyone got any ideas about what may come up for F582? The predictions for F581 helped a lot but I still think I got a C/B. Can never be too confident with economics.
Original post by Tilling
Anybody else made the absolute unbelievable mistake of thinking that domestic fuel refers to cars when it actually just refers to gas and electric? I think I've had an absolute belter of an 18 marker, but the excess supply 4 marker as well as my consistent reference of cars polluting in almost all of the 18 marks worth of questions about domestic fuel have screwed me there. Absolutely unbelievable, I'm totally gutted.

I did the exact same thing... really disappointed. That will probably lose us a few marks in the data response for application, such as on the negative externalities question. However, my teacher said that we shouldn't lose too many marks so don't worry! There is still hope!
The fact we are A2 students should be irrelevant, as in previous years candidates have had the opportunity to resit a normal F581 paper. The grade boundaries should surely be lower than usual to compensate for such a hard paper.
Original post by Pato1
After the f581 paper we just had, no one knows what the hell they'll add...

i agreee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending