Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    That is an old video, which I think you posted before (?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mean Britain First is a highly tolerant, friendly bunch of people isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't give them any publicity, its what they feed off - both Britain First and the people they come up against are all clowns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Yeah I mean Britain First is a highly tolerant, friendly bunch of people isn't it?
    So it's OK to use violence against them?

They do have a right to protest and while we may not like what they are protesting about I would still defend that right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    So it's OK to use violence against them?

They do have a right to protest and while we may not like what they are protesting about I would still defend that right.
    No, violence is bad, but they're literally provoking it, that video was published by Britain First, so obviously they're going to gloat about how they were 'peacefully protesting', but they are attacking Muslim values because of some ill-informed fears that Islam is taking over the UK.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, they were looking for it when they were parading through East London with Union Jacks and Crusader crosses. Not that that makes the people they're up against any better.

Edit: Wrong video

ReputationRep:
    No, violence is bad, but they're literally provoking it, that video was published by Britain First, so obviously they're going to gloat about how they were 'peacefully protesting', but they are attacking Muslim values because of some ill-informed fears that Islam is taking over the UK.
    So they have the right to protest

so those resorting to violence are the ones in the wrong

It's that simple Frank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    To be fair, they were looking for it when they were parading through East London with St. George's flags and Crusader crosses. Not that that makes the people they're up against any better.
    So displaying the flag of England and a Christian symbol is now asking for it in England

Christ how we have fallen.

ReputationRep:
    So they have the right to protest

so those resorting to violence are the ones in the wrong

It's that simple Frank.
    Would you provoke a venomous snake if you knew it was going to bite you? Britain First went to that Mosque with the obvious intent to incite violence so that they can demonise the Muslim community.

ReputationRep:
    Morons against Morons.

ReputationRep:
    strange music tho'.... like a bad episode of Dr Who

ReputationRep:
    Would you provoke a venomous snake
    Are you saying Muslims are similar to a wild animal frank?

Would you say similar if it was a group of Muslims being attacked at one of their protests against free speech?

ReputationRep:
    So displaying the flag of England and a Christian symbol is now asking for it in England

Christ how we have fallen.
    Come on - both of us know that walking through the streets of such an area with Christian symbols flying everywhere is designed to be exclusive, antagonistic, and an attempt to rile up the local crowd. It's like saying "Britain for British people - get out!" etc. Parts of East London are indeed shitholes, and I have no sympathy for the regressive culture of certain Muslim communities, but trying to turn B.F. into the victim of this episode is dishonest to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Is OP ever going to stop just reposting this old video repeatedly as if its a brand new thread?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    oh for god's sake

ReputationRep:
    Britain First are a bunch of *****. So I don't really care lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying Muslims are similar to a wild animal frank?

Would you say similar if it was a group of Muslims being attacked at one of their protests against free speech?
    I think you're a vile isolationist who has no real perspective on the value of other cultures in our democratic society.

If Britain First 'wins', the problem would change from radicalised Muslims to radicalised Christians - same story, different flavour. But I can appreciate that the majority of Muslims are decent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Come on - both of us know that walking through the streets of such an area with Christian symbols flying everywhere is designed to be exclusive, antagonistic, and an attempt to rile up the local crowd. It's like saying "Britain for British people - get out!" etc. Parts of East London are indeed shitholes, and I have no sympathy for the regressive culture of certain Muslim communities, but trying to turn B.F. into the victim of this episode is dishonest to say the least.
    Nope this is the United kingdom

to make such a claim shows how far we have fallen.

To say Christian symbols are antagonistic towards Muslims shows we have let them get their own way for too long

ReputationRep:
    I think.
    You're the one comparing Muslims to wild Animals

Not even I would go that far Frank

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.