The Student Room Group

How much of your home country have you seen?

about 50%
In terms of the states - Germany has 16 of them - it is about 75%. Great part of the East and Saarland are missing. Since the last year I have met the big five cities, so Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich and Frankfurt!
Not that much. About 20%.
Id like to see a lot more.
If we're talking about the country where I was born, not a huge amount, perhaps 30%.

For the country I live in, I'd guess around 60%. I get around a lot.
Reply 4
I've been to most of the North- most places in Yorkshire & Lancashire plus Northumberland, Newcastle & the Lakes.
As far as the South goes- London, Brighton, Bristol, Devon & Cornwall.
A few places inthe Midlands- Birmingham, Nottingham, Uttoxeter, the Peak District.
Never visited East Anglia/ Norfolk/ Suffolk regions
Edinburgh's the only place in Scotland I've visited
Not been to Wales since I was about 10 so not sure exactly where it was but it was somewhere in the south. Also went to North Wales on a school trip about a year before then.
Original post by Emma:-)
Not that much. About 20%.
Id like to see a lot more.

And which places and cities in particular and why? I personally have many another cities I would love to watch for my own.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Maybe 50%
I've been to comic cons (and in some cases for other reasons) in the following locations:

Sheffield
Doncaster
Wakefield
York
Buxton
Blackpool
Lincoln
Leicster
Hull
Nottingham
Eastbourne
Bolton
Whitby
Wigan
Middlesbrough
Wolverhamton
Stockton-on-Tees
Thirsk
Edinburgh
Swindon
Wales (I forget which part)
Billingham
Cleethorpes
Southport
Scarborough
Nottingham
Harrogate
Hartlepool
Leeds
Peterlee
Wigan
Scunthorpe
Newcatle
Gateshead
Manchester
Kirkleatham
Worcester
Wath-upon-dearne
Manchester
Bridlington
Whitby
Pateley Bridge
Bradford
Thirsk
Keighley
Huddersfield
Brighouse
Castleford
Liverpool
Harrogate
Melton Mowbray
Scunthorpe
Buxton
Stocksbridge
South Kirkby
Leigh
Stratford Upon Avon
Calderdale
Grassington
Elstree
Newport
Bakewell
Nantwich
Blackpool
Ellesmere Port
Northwich
Great Yarmouth
Rochdale
Grassington
South Kirkby

Aside from that I've been to a ton of other places for other reasons. It would probably be quicker to name the places I haven't been to, to be honest.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I've been to comic cons (and in some cases for other reasons) in the following locations:

Sheffield
Doncaster
Wakefield
York
Buxton
Blackpool
Lincoln
Leicster
Hull
Nottingham
Eastbourne
Bolton
Whitby
Wigan
Middlesbrough
Wolverhamton
Stockton-on-Tees
Thirsk
Edinburgh
Swindon
Wales (I forget which part)
Billingham
Cleethorpes
Southport
Scarborough
Nottingham
Harrogate
Hartlepool
Leeds
Peterlee
Wigan
Scunthorpe
Newcatle
Gateshead
Manchester
Kirkleatham
Worcester
Wath-upon-dearne
Manchester
Bridlington
Whitby
Pateley Bridge
Bradford
Thirsk
Keighley
Huddersfield
Brighouse
Castleford
Liverpool
Harrogate
Melton Mowbray
Scunthorpe
Buxton
Stocksbridge
South Kirkby
Leigh
Stratford Upon Avon
Calderdale
Grassington
Elstree
Newport
Bakewell
Nantwich
Blackpool
Ellesmere Port
Northwich
Great Yarmouth
Rochdale
Grassington
South Kirkby

Aside from that I've been to a ton of other places for other reasons. It would probably be quicker to name the places I haven't been to, to be honest.

That is really a long list and it impresses me. Aren't there comic cons in London? I can't believe it.
Original post by Kallisto
That is really a long list and it impresses me. Aren't there comic cons in London? I can't believe it.

Of course - but I've never been to them (apart from Elstree if that counts)
I've been to a decent amount of it, I'm 24 and I have probably seen more of it than most people under 25 so that's not bad.

In terms of the Far North, which is where I am from, I have seen pretty much everything several times over. Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Carlisle, Hadrian's Wall, Bamburgh, Cheviot Hills, Lindisfarne, you name it.
I mean, those last 5 I listed are all in Northumberland, which is probably one of the most beautiful cultural regions of England, perhaps all of Europe.

Seen most of the Dales - really love the town of Richmond down there, and Gordale Scar is outstanding - and pretty much all of the Lake District - done a few of the mountains there Helvellyn, Scafell Pike, Blencathra - to the point that I have seen pretty much every town there several times over, I used to go to Ullswater a ton as a kid.

In the rest of the 'North' if you want to call it that, I've been to Beverley, Blackburn, Blackpool, Burnley, Golborne, Harrogate, Helmsley, Hull, Kendal, Leeds - my dad is from here - Liverpool, Manchester, Northallerton, Penrith, Preston, Ripon, Rochdale, Sedbergh, Sheffield, Skipton, Warrington, Wakefield, Wetherby, Whitby, Wigan, York, probably a few more, in terms of cities, plus not to mention a couple rural places around those...

In Cheshire, I've just visited Chester properly, but would like to do more of that county. In Derbyshire, I have visited Edale in the Peak District, plus Winnats Pass and absolutely loved it down there, climbed Mam Tor as well. Been through the edge of Derby.
In Staffordshire, I've been to Lichfield - which has to be one of the most underrated Cathedral cities in Britain - plus Stafford, been through Stoke-on-Trent, plus a few places in the Staffordshire Moorlands, including the Roaches and Biddulph.
I went to Shropshire, I loved Shrewsbury, been to Church Stretton and Brown Clee Hill down there too, plus Ironbridge.
In Lincolnshire, I've been to Grantham - for the statue of Margaret Thatcher - and Lincoln itself.

Never been to Birmingham. I love Stratford-upon-Avon, in Warwickshire. In terms of Gloucestershire, I've been to Painswick, Cirencester, Bourton-on-the-Water and Cheltenham.
Went to Cornwall and Devon as a kid.

I only properly visited East Anglia recently, went to Camrbridge and Ely in Cambridgeshire, and King's Lynn in Norfolk.

I've been to a bit of London, but honestly not a whole lot of it. I've got family in Woodford Green, used to go there at least once a year from basically when I was born to like when I was 13, plus went again when I was staying overnight for gigs when I was 19, 20-ish. I went to the Houses of Parliament when I was 16 to watch a debate. Also done a bit of Kensington... can't decide whether London is overrated or whether I should explore it further.
Been to the port at Dover a few times, other than that not seen a whole lot of the South East apart from the airports.

In Wales, I really love Snowdonia/Eryri, climbed Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa, plus I've stayed at Llyn Gwynant, and visited Beddgelert, Llanberis, Llanrwst, Betws-y-Coed, Porthmerion ... been to Baumaris, Holyhead and Llanfairpwllgwyn(...)goch on Anglesey. Been to Bangor, Llandudno, Gwrych, in North Wales too.
In South Wales, I've only ever been to Cardiff, but I did like it.

In terms of Scotland, I've been to Edinburgh a million times, plus Loch Ness, Fort William, Glen Coe, Lochgiliphead, Loch Lomond, ... Lochmaben, Jedburgh, Hawick, you get the picture.
Reply 11
What is considered my home country?
I was born in Ukraine and moved to Israel when I was a year and a half old, live there (here) ever since, 32 years.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest