Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, because I passed my theory test about 3 hours ago, but didn't get the official DVSA certificate?

They printed a crappy one at the back of the pass sheet but is that all people who have passed get?

Did they scrap the whole actual certificate idea?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    Just wondering, because I passed my theory test about 3 hours ago, but didn't get the official DVSA certificate?

They printed a crappy one at the back of the pass sheet but is that all people who have passed get?

Did they scrap the whole actual certificate idea?
    I can't remember getting a certificate as in a nice grand one... just the piece of paper that's printed out there and then, and it should have the certificate number on it I believe!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's all you get, I was only given a sheet of paper after I passed with the 'certificate' printed on the back and they didn't mention getting given anything else
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Yeah I think that's all you get, I was only given a sheet of paper after I passed with the 'certificate' printed on the back and they didn't mention getting given anything else
    'Twas extremely disappointing to not receive the grand certificate with gold leaf, signed by the Queen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    'Twas extremely disappointing to not receive the grand certificate with gold leaf, signed by the Queen!
    I know! I was genuinely disappointed when I found out that that piece of paper was my certificate. And, the theory test centre guy folded it over when he gave it to me so it has a crease in the middle too :unimpressed:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I know! I was genuinely disappointed when I found out that that piece of paper was my certificate. And, the theory test centre guy folded it over when he gave it to me so it has a crease in the middle too :unimpressed:
    Don't get me started on that... I almost cried when he gave it to me...
    Not only was there to fold, it wasn't straight!!! AND, he highlighted the results...!!!! Literally almost asked him to print it out again xD

ReputationRep:
    Not only was there to fold, it wasn't straight!!! AND, he highlighted the results...!!!! Literally almost asked him to print it out again xD
    Oh dear haha :console:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well you aren't able to drive yet, that's the easy part.

ReputationRep:
    All i got was the sheet.
    I showed my instructor used it to book my test and havent seen it since.
    No idea where it is tbh.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Well you aren't able to drive yet, that's the easy part.
    Didn't get the golden letter from the Queen after I passed the practical test either... Was kind of hoping she'd send a nice sapphire to mark the occasion, and was kind of thinking, if I was very lucky, she'd make the day a Bank Holiday...

ReputationRep:
    WOW, I would have literally got the person to print it out again fgs that's so annoying
    What is it with your love for the Queen LOOOOL, I see you have high expectations

ReputationRep:
    LOOL,
    You must have felt super annoyed haha
    And yeah, that crappy 4 lined certificate, with the unclear logo
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    WOW, I would have literally got the person to print it out again fgs that's so annoying
    What is it with your love for the Queen LOOOOL, I see you have high expectations
    Haha, she just should've appreciated my greatness

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.