The Student Room Group

I failed my driving test - second time! 😢

I failed my driving test second time today. Absolutely devastated.

I had two majors:

•

The first was my car stalling on a low slippery hill due to the rain and I could not rectify without the examiner intervening.

•

The second - wrong lane at the roundabout, not adhering to the road marking.

The thing is on my lessons I do fantastic, it just seems the nerves get the best of me during my test. However apart from that my driving went well… but obviously not enough to pass

I’m not sure how or when I can book my next driving test. I’m in desperate need of cancellations. The earlier the better. Any advice & encouragement would be appreciated.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sammy.tatter
I failed my driving test second time today. Absolutely devastated.

I had two majors:

•

The first was my car stalling on a low slippery hill due to the rain and I could not rectify without the examiner intervening.

•

The second - wrong lane at the roundabout, not adhering to the road marking.

The thing is on my lessons I do fantastic, it just seems the nerves get the best of me during my test.

I’m not sure how or when I can book my next driving test. I’m in desperate need of cancellations. The earlier the better. Any advice & encouragement would be appreciated.

Would having your instructor in the back help?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Would having your instructor in the back help?

I had him in the back
Reply 3
Original post by sammy.tatter
I had him in the back

Third time lucky? :smile:
Reply 4
Usually you'd be nervous when during your test it's normal. Have you done it without your instructor in the back?
Maybe have a family member or friend with you in the back? I know it boosts my confident when they come with me on lessons..
Is certainly normal to feel nervous on the day of your driving test. just getting as much practice as you can beforehand and maybe you could practice without speaking your driving instructor while he’s in the car and your lesson or you could do a mock test with him to help you prepare properly. Everyone gets out their at their own pace and u will do it eventually.it took my mum 5 gos but now she’s a great driver. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending