The Student Room Group

No car for driving test

So my driving test is in 2 days, and as the title says, I have no car for the exam. Essentially because I've had a poor instructor who doesn't want to take me, who has barely been giving me the lessons I needed and made me miss my test cancellation deadline by one day to do my mock, so I'm stuck now. I had to study everything basically online. Please let me know what I should do.
Reply 1
Prob best cancel and rebook for a later date when you have an instructor and a car. Your rebook date might initially be in October, but you should be able to bring it forward using one of the test cancellation apps.
Reply 2
Original post by lalexm
Prob best cancel and rebook for a later date when you have an instructor and a car. Your rebook date might initially be in October, but you should be able to bring it forward using one of the test cancellation apps.

As I stated, I've missed the deadline to cancel, because I hadn't had a lesson in a while then my instructor came the day after my deadline to do a mock. Been a very unfair experience and a huge waste of money.
Original post by albayati
As I stated, I've missed the deadline to cancel, because I hadn't had a lesson in a while then my instructor came the day after my deadline to do a mock. Been a very unfair experience and a huge waste of money.

You can still cancel. You will just lose your money.
Then use the time between now and your next test date to get another instructor etc.
Reply 4

Oh sorry, I missed that bit. In that case you might as well give it a go assuming you can borrow someone’s car. You need to ensure you are insured though. Realistically though the chances of you passing are very slim if you’ve not had a lesson in a while and are not familiar with the car you’ll be tested in. On 2nd thoughts you might want to just cancel and lose your money, to avoid knocking your confidence.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Yeah i still want to do my test, my instructor has really affected my chances of doing well in this exam.
Reply 6
So how would I find a car for the test?
Yeah i still want to do my test, my instructor has really affected my chances of doing well in this exam.

Did your instructor agree that you were ready to sit the test before you booked it?
Did you not have a Mock test before you booked it?
Reply 8
Original post by bamtutor
Did your instructor agree that you were ready to sit the test before you booked it?
Did you not have a Mock test before you booked it?

My instructor said he wasn't yet sure if I was ready, we hadn't done a proper mock, so I asked him to do a mock exam with me for a full opinion. Guy started ignoring me then put the mock exam until 6 days before my test, so I can no longer get a refund, and then he told me he doesnt think I'm ready and refused to even let me use his car.
(edited 11 months ago)
My instructor said he wasn't yet sure if I was ready, we hadn't done a proper mock, so I asked him to do a mock exam with me for a full opinion. Guy started ignoring me then put the mock exam until 6 days before my test, so I can no longer get a refund, and then he told me he doesnt think I'm ready and refused to even let me use his car.

Then you shouldn't have booked a test if he said you weren't ready. experienced instructors can tell if you are ready or not without a Mock. It sounds like you were too impatient or felt you didn't need more lessons.
Reply 10
Then you shouldn't have booked a test if he said you weren't ready. experienced instructors can tell if you are ready or not without a Mock. It sounds like you were too impatient or felt you didn't need more lessons.

I did a lesson with another guy and he said I was ready but he's not available anymore...
I did a lesson with another guy and he said I was ready but he's not available anymore...

One lesson? Was that with a professional instructor?
Reply 12
One lesson? Was that with a professional instructor?

Yes, he was assessing my skills

All of them are same to eachother, actually when they catch a costumer it looks like they got a bite and they will try to make hundreds pounds from them. They will never tell you you are ready for exam because they don't want to lose your pocket! I cancelled my test 4 time and I lost my money all 4 time because the mother f**ker instructor said

Latest

Trending

Trending