The Student Room Group

Who can sign for someones provisional drivers licence?

I've got a mate who's in university and is trying to get a provisional drivers licence. She needs someone to co-sign it but I feel like the government website isn't very specific on who can actually sign.

One of the options listed is a 'professionally qualified person' but from my understanding a 'professionally qualified person' is someone who works any job and has official qualifications to support their ability to do that job.

I have a degree in post-production and do some freelance video editing work, so technicslly I fall under that description. Am I able to sign for them?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've got a mate who's in university and is trying to get a provisional drivers licence. She needs someone to co-sign it but I feel like the government website isn't very specific on who can actually sign.

One of the options listed is a 'professionally qualified person' but from my understanding a 'professionally qualified person' is someone who works any job and has official qualifications to support their ability to do that job.

I have a degree in post-production and do some freelance video editing work, so technicslly I fall under that description. Am I able to sign for them?

I would say anyone that can co-sign the passport photo can sign the driving licence photo. I would suggest for your mate to get their personal tutor to sign it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Do young people not know how to use Google these days?

Full list is here:
https://www.gov.uk/id-for-driving-licence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending