The Student Room Group

Is one 2 hour driving lesson every two weeks enough?

I am currently working a full time job, and also finding instructors in Bristol is quite difficult at the moment, especially with my schedule. I have been doing 2 hour lessons every couple of weeks but honestly, feel like I need them to be more frequent.

My driving instructor gets frustrated with me and says 'I have already taught you this', but after not being in a car for 2 weeks, I always feel like I need to remind myself of certain things such as hill starts, clutch control, not getting too close to other vehicles...

I've had 20 hours of driving lessons so far, but really feel like my progress is slow. Has anyone else had this issue?
Every 2 weeks, you'd forget what you have done. As it's not in your memory yet. It's better to have it every week. If you can't try and book 2 lessons every 2 weeks instead. See if that would improve, but it's far better to do 2 hours every week.
Original post by Faultybot
Every 2 weeks, you'd forget what you have done. As it's not in your memory yet. It's better to have it every week. If you can't try and book 2 lessons every 2 weeks instead. See if that would improve, but it's far better to do 2 hours every week.
Thanks for your answer. that is kind of how I feel - I think my confidence would go up significantly if I did weekly driving lessons.
Yeah I think weekly or even twice a week for two hours a time is better. As you're finding, at 2 weeks gaps you'll be spending a frustrating amount of time each lesson just trying to get back to where you were.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending