The Student Room Group

Is a 32F considered very large or just averagely large?

I'm just curious. Because I was at my styudy and we were talking about shirt size and I explained that I was a 32F and that's why I fit a medium and everyone acted like really shocked. I don't really see myself as that large though. I just went bikini shopping for the summer and I'm barely/about a large in tops for a two piece bikini. It's the same size as a 36D that doesn't sound huge to me. And I'm not fat I'm small(110 lbs). People acted like I was lying almost?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm gonna have to some pics before I can make a real judgement :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I would say averagely large as I'm a 34F and when I'm wearing tops they don't look big. I guess it's a personal opinion as people who wear a 32A would say that's very big.
Varies from case to case and your own figure.

I'd say it's averagely large!

(wow I'm a male contributing to this topic without making a joke... I'm getting too old for this)
Original post by Nickierose21
I'm just curious. Because I was at my styudy and we were talking about shirt size and I explained that I was a 32F and that's why I fit a medium and everyone acted like really shocked. I don't really see myself as that large though. I just went bikini shopping for the summer and I'm barely/about a large in tops for a two piece bikini. It's the same size as a 36D that doesn't sound huge to me. And I'm not fat I'm small(110 lbs). People acted like I was lying almost?

I woulnd't say it's that big. I'm a 34DD in most shops and nobody sees me with a particularly large chest. If you don't show it off excessively and are in proportion then it's not really obvious. Plus apparently a lot of us are wearing the wrong bra size so they have no reason to judge!
Reply 5
[QUOTE=carrotstar;64713833]I woulnd't say it's that big. I'm a 34DD in most shops and nobody sees me with a particularly large chest. If you don't show it off excessively and are in proportion then it's not really obvious. Plus apparently a lot of us are wearing the wrong bra size so they have no reason to judge!

I guess mine are slightly out of proportion to the rest of my body but I was wearing a 34DD and I got a bra fitting and it ended up I am a 34F now.
Original post by carrotstar
I woulnd't say it's that big. I'm a 34DD in most shops and nobody sees me with a particularly large chest. If you don't show it off excessively and are in proportion then it's not really obvious. Plus apparently a lot of us are wearing the wrong bra size so they have no reason to judge!

I agree with this but I think bra fitting people completely over do it.
Like I'm not gonna believe that I'm a 34G ffs and I won't find nice bras in that size anyway, in my humble opinion as long as the bra you're wearing feels comfortable don't worry about what's supposedly "right" it's all fuss.
Reply 7
Original post by Nickierose21
Sounds like a teenage girl trying to big herself up tbh.
32F is HUGE and awesome. In a mans mind, the 32 means you are pretty slim/skinny/petite and the F means you are a few larger than a DD which is like...the holy grail of body proportions.

Not the most feminist of statements incoming but, if you want to, look forward to having an easy life from now until age 40+
(edited 7 years ago)
Where is TSR's boobologist when you need her?

Is she even still active?
Original post by thesmileyone69
32F is HUGE and awesome. In a mans mind, the 32 means you are pretty slim/skinny/petite and the F means you are a few larger than a DD which is like...the holy grail of body proportions.

Not the most feminist of statements incoming but, if you want to, look forward to having an easy life from now until age 40+

Depends if she was measured accurately or not. In reality DD is big, but nowhere near as huge as it sounds, because many women have a too small bra. Then you have to factor in band size - in the UK 32F is the same as 38C. But which one do you think sounds bigger in most peoples' head?
(edited 7 years ago)

:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Xelfrost
I'm gonna have to some pics before I can make a real judgement :wink:

Spoiler

I'm not very skinny at all. I'm about average I'd say. When I posted this I was 110 lbs and less than 5'2".
Original post by carrotstar

I've never been in proportion. My measurements are like 38-25-35 when I'm a 32F. But I'm built that way no matter how small or big I am
Original post by alkaline.
I agree with this but I think bra fitting people completely over do it.
Like I'm not gonna believe that I'm a 34G ffs and I won't find nice bras in that size anyway, in my humble opinion as long as the bra you're wearing feels comfortable don't worry about what's supposedly "right" it's all fuss.

when I try to go my real size it's really bad I ignore it for the most part because my band is like 30 at the largest It's really like 28 and my bust is 38" the cup would be a size I'm not willing to buy because that's way too tight for my comfort in the band I don't even really like 32bands let alone any smaller.
Original post by brainhuman
Depends if she was measured accurately or not. In reality DD is big, but nowhere near as huge as it sounds, because many women have a too small bra. Then you have to factor in band size - in the UK 32F is the same as 38C. But which one do you think sounds bigger in most peoples' head?

I'm a little larger than this now I'm a 32Gish or getting there since I'm 114 lbs nude weight now. It's still not the largest equivalent to a 38D. But I feel more moderately large than I did it at a humble 32F.

Original post by Tootles
Sounds like a teenage girl trying to big herself up tbh.

no I'm 22. When I was a teen I was 80 lbs and a C cup. But I was really happy to be because no one would bug me about being underweight because I had an acceptable bust size.
On the upper end of average, lower end of large, definitely not "very large".
I wear a 34N and really struggle to find good supportive bras that also look pretty. Yes, I'm quite a bit larger than an F but don't feel over large, as long as I choose my tops carefully. :smile:
Reply 18
a C cup is considered big, D and DD are huge so F is massive! (lucky you though)
Reply 19
My wife is 34G and happy with it although she knows she is big busted. Don't believe the Cosmetic Surgery myths about back pain. This is usually attributed to unfit fat women. She runs most days and has no problems although she ensures she has firm support.

Latest