The Student Room Group

Crashing Highers in hospital?

Hi,

So I've been stuck in hospital since Oct 2014 with a condition called CRPS. I haven't been to school since then, however I do have good teachers who email me and help me out. This year, I've done 4 National 5s (English,Maths,Biology, Chemistry) instead of 6 because of pain and medical dramas and stuff! I'm predicted to get four As.

Next year, I want to do 5 Highers and these would be Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Modern Studies and Physics.

Now onto the questions! Basically, I was wondering if anyone has any similar situation with home/hospital schooling and any advice on that!

I was also wondering if anyone has any tips on crashing Physics/Modern Studies or just crashing Highers in general?

Thank you!:smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
I'm a 4th year student too, and I'm sitting 8 National 5s this year. I was also thinking of crashing a Higher, but a lot of people are telling me that it is not a wise option since Higher is a big step from National 5 anyway.
I want to crash Higher Chemistry next year and I think it would be really stressful but also fine since I think I'm pretty good at Physics and Maths. So I think if you believe you have the ability and can cope with a little more studying then yes, go on and crash them!
I think Modern Studies will be a good subject to crash at Higher since it doesn't have that much content from National 5 so you're starting from scratch (I take Mods), however Physics is one that requires a lot of hard work and maths skills. So I if you think your predicted an A at maths then Physics should be okay.
Good luck :smile:
first of all, I just wanna say that i really admire your motivation and determination :smile:
i crashed higher physics, and it was the best decision I've made
looking at your subjects, I'm guessing that you are interested in sciences/medicine
possibly thinking of taking advanced higher sciences
then higher physics would be so helpful(for ah chem)
anyway... tips:
- get a textbook for nat 5 physics, make notes, it shouldn't take you long(a week for me)
- get a textbook for higher physics, bright red is really good
- new higher physics has assignments, ask your teacher
- past papers
good luck and i hope you get well soon :smile:
oh yeah, if you love maths and find it easy, physics should be the same
Reply 4
Original post by lunalumos
Hi,

So I've been stuck in hospital since Oct 2014 with a condition called CRPS. I haven't been to school since then, however I do have good teachers who email me and help me out. This year, I've done 4 National 5s (English,Maths,Biology, Chemistry) instead of 6 because of pain and medical dramas and stuff! I'm predicted to get four As.

Next year, I want to do 5 Highers and these would be Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Modern Studies and Physics.

Now onto the questions! Basically, I was wondering if anyone has any similar situation with home/hospital schooling and any advice on that!

I was also wondering if anyone has any tips on crashing Physics/Modern Studies or just crashing Highers in general?

Thank you!:smile:

I crashed Modern Studies this year! I'm predicted an A band one. Basically, you can definitely do it as I didn't have any barriers to my learning without having done Nat 5. I did do history which may have helped, but honestly if you're interested in the subject then I think you will do very well. National 5 students would not have an advantage over you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending