The Student Room Group

Advanced higher biology for medicine

I’m doing my S6 options and want to drop AH biology and just do AH chem, AH english and a crash higher. Would biology be useful for medicine or would I be able to get in without it? What crash highers would be useful instead?
Original post by not_jess
I’m doing my S6 options and want to drop AH biology and just do AH chem, AH english and a crash higher. Would biology be useful for medicine or would I be able to get in without it? What crash highers would be useful instead?

It would be worth having a check with any universities you are particularly interested in, but it looks for the most part that there are requirements for specific subjects like Chemistry and other science/maths subjects at Higher and not Advanced Highers specifically. Either an AH in Chemistry or Biology would look great on your application but wouldn't be required if you're meeting the other entry requirements!

As for crash Highers, as long as you're making up the specific science/maths subjects universities are looking for already then it's really your choice. As said it would be worth seeing what any universities you are interested in are looking for you to have so you can ensure you have those and can look at making choices around that.

Hope this is helpful and all the best with making your choices!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending