The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by celiajacobs
Does anyone else know for a fact that they'll be rejected from their firm choice because of a subject that went really badly in the exams?:frown:

Chemistry :frown:
I hope I get in :frown:
Greetings folks,I received my CIE A level results today morning and unfortunately i missed my offer by a grade. Got AAA and the required grades were A*AA.Now the universities still dont know about it because the UCAS said the results will be transmitted to the universities over the weekend. So, this means I wont get a response from my firm (UoM) before the next Thursday (18/8) as the UCAS goes offline by tomorrow noon.What now? What's the best course of action at the moment? Should I email the university begging my way in? Should I wait till next week?As a side note, Im an overseas student so i need to get my confirmation letter ASAP so i can get started with my visa application. Also my course isnt on Clearing.
Reply 162
Offer for KCL A*AA. Expecting A*BB :frown:
For my course I need AAB, say for instance I get ABB, would I still get in? Would I have to ring up the uni and beg to be let on the course?? It is chemistry btw
Original post by Hclarke9
For my course I need AAB, say for instance I get ABB, would I still get in? Would I have to ring up the uni and beg to be let on the course?? It is chemistry btw

Begging doesn't work.

But ABB is often sufficient for AAB - you'll only know for sure on Results Day.
Reply 165
Original post by theoneincontrol
Greetings folks,I received my CIE A level results today morning and unfortunately i missed my offer by a grade. Got AAA and the required grades were A*AA.Now the universities still dont know about it because the UCAS said the results will be transmitted to the universities over the weekend. So, this means I wont get a response from my firm (UoM) before the next Thursday (18/8) as the UCAS goes offline by tomorrow noon.What now? What's the best course of action at the moment? Should I email the university begging my way in? Should I wait till next week?As a side note, Im an overseas student so i need to get my confirmation letter ASAP so i can get started with my visa application. Also my course isnt on Clearing.
Unfortunately you will have to wait and see what shows up on Track on Thursday. The uni will be processing all the results over the weekend, and will consider whether they can still offer you a place in the context of how all the other applicants awaiting results got on. You won't be able to hasten the process or influence it.

If on Thursday your Track still shows your firm as "Conditional Firm", that's the time to ring them. If it shows "Unconditional Firm" you're in, and if it's "Unsuccessful" you won't be able to change their minds, unfortunately. At that point your insurance, if you have one, will come in to play; if not, you will be eligible to go for Clearing places straight away.

Whether your course is in Clearing at this stage or not is not significant - the uni won't know for sure whether they will have Clearing places until after they've been through all the results for the applicants they already have.
Reply 166
yikes how do you avoid family members who know youre depressed over the upcoming results day and lecture you for not working 50x as hard as your competitors or not being dedicated enough due to the fact that they saw u playing ~~A Game~~ in the mild summer of 1997
Original post by Abii21
Offer for KCL A*AA. Expecting A*BB :frown:

Hiya, I know this is a year old, but I just saw this and was wondering, what were your grades and did you get into KCL?! Because i have an offer of 3 As from KCL but i think im gonna get two an A* and 2 Bs
Original post by snailbro
I have a small question regarding the entry requirements to my university.

Swansea has offered me ABB for mechanical engineering, (Maths required), but as I'm also doing further maths, I find it will be quite unlikely that I will get a B in further maths as it is quite challenging. So I am hoping for a C in further maths.

So if I get ABC (A in maths, C in further) would they take the fact that I am doing a more challenging, but non-required, course such as further maths. It feels like I should've taken an easier course and I am undermining my chances of being accepted to someone who is doing something other than further maths.

I understand that it is different each uni etc. but am I correct in saying this? I hope not...

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm applying for Maths and need at least ABB. Have an A already in Mathematics, expecting a B in Chemistry, and then hoping for a B in Further Maths. However, M3 and FP3 were hideous exams and I feel I may not get a B after all. So if I end up with ABC, I'm praying they'll still accept me,.
This is the 2016 advice thread and is now closed.

The 2017 thread is here:
Worried about missing your offer? Support and Advice Thread *2017*
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4801444

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending