The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
wiwarin_mir
Well, I would buy myself 3 or 4 top spec alienwares (AMD64) and use the rest of the money to get all the networking gear.

so since it's just one item you're allowed, you're saying: a computer
Reply 41
About half of a nice drum kit.
Reply 42
some vacant land someplace in asia which i can rule as supreme overlord - or a tiny island somewhere. Make some sort of palace out of wood and sit in state :biggrin:
Willa
so since it's just one item you're allowed, you're saying: a computer

OK, if it is just one item, I would get the top spec alienware with the dual plasma screens.
Reply 44
calumc
About half of a nice drum kit.

really, does a nice drum kit cost over 10,000 quid!?? a lot of money to spend on someone with so little talent...aka a drummer.....only joking, i shouldnt poke fun, i cant keep rythmn at all!
Reply 45
Computer
Holiday
Clothes
Trainers
Sweets

Oh sorry willy, you said ONE thing didnt you?

Woops
Whats_The_411?
Well done mobbdeeprob for keeping it real :wink:

From the womb to the tomb, I've always stayed true. :cool:
Reply 47
Willa
really, does a nice drum kit cost over 10,000 quid!?? a lot of money to spend on someone with so little talent...aka a drummer.....only joking, i shouldnt poke fun, i cant keep rythmn at all!

I had this discussion with my lead guitarist the other day. He suggested "maybe I should get another bass drum" as he's thinking of writing some songs which would suit double bass, and was quite shocked when I told him that on my (best-of-the-lower-end) drum kit the drum alone would cost £350, £150-200 for the pedal to go with it, and another £50 for a case to take it to practice/gigs. I think he was probably expecting me to say around £150 at most for the lot!

Yes, it's not hard to spend 10 grand on drums. Custom made Pearl Masterworks will cost you 1-2 grand per drum, and good cymbals anywhere from £100-£250 or more depending on size and type. Then you start on the effects, electric pads, remote pedals, a big gong or two and it becomes ridiculous!
Reply 48
calumc
I had this discussion with my lead guitarist the other day. He suggested "maybe I should get another bass drum" as he's thinking of writing some songs which would suit double bass, and was quite shocked when I told him that on my (best-of-the-lower-end) drum kit the drum alone would cost £350, £150-200 for the pedal to go with it, and another £50 for a case to take it to practice/gigs. I think he was probably expecting me to say around £150 at most for the lot!

Yes, it's not hard to spend 10 grand on drums. Custom made Pearl Masterworks will cost you 1-2 grand per drum, and good cymbals anywhere from £100-£250 or more depending on size and type. Then you start on the effects, electric pads, remote pedals, a big gong or two and it becomes ridiculous!

What kit so you have? I have a nice set of ludwigs, but they're getting old now
Reply 49
Fluffy
What kit so you have? I have a nice set of ludwigs, but they're getting old now

Pearl ELX in lovely ruby fade (red->black), Pearl rack, Sabian AAX cymbals.
Reply 50
calumc

nice!
Reply 51
Fluffy
nice!

It is and it's cost me! (I don't actually know how much, it's been built up over years)

I won't be able to take it to uni in the autumn though:frown:
Reply 52
Willa
Now obviously people have done the "what would you do if you won the lottery" type question, but that's just unrealistic. It's more realistic that you might save up in the future for a luxury item/trip/something, probably priced not much more than ten grand. So i'm just interested....if you could get any one thing, up to the value of ten grand, what would it be? Be honest, i think it's interesting to see what people would like to save up for but cant be arsed :P

REMEMBER IT IS ONE ITEM ONLY, NOt SEVERAL THINGS...ONE ITEM!

A motorbike :cool:
EDIT: a really cool one :cool:
:rolleyes:
calumc

All that money wasted on causing a racket and giving your neighbours grief. Lord hope you never live above the level of subsistence.
Reply 54
calumc
It is and it's cost me! (I don't actually know how much, it's been built up over years)

I won't be able to take it to uni in the autumn though:frown:

I had to leave mine at home for my first degree. :frown:

I got to keep them in one of the music rooms in College during my D.Phil though - great for when you're het up :smile:
Reply 55
mobbdeeprob
All that money wasted on causing a racket and giving your neighbours grief. Lord hope you never live above the level of subsistence.

:tongue:

I wouldn't call it a waste!
Reply 56
noise is never a waste if it's good noise.....obviously the neighbours dont have to agree, you just have to think it's good noise yourself!

Latest

Trending

Trending