Watch
This discussion is closed.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Well, I would buy myself 3 or 4 top spec alienwares (AMD64) and use the rest of the money to get all the networking gear.
so since it's just one item you're allowed, you're saying: a computer
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
About half of a nice drum kit.
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
some vacant land someplace in asia which i can rule as supreme overlord - or a tiny island somewhere. Make some sort of palace out of wood and sit in state
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
so since it's just one item you're allowed, you're saying: a computer
OK, if it is just one item, I would get the top spec alienware with the dual plasma screens.
Willa
Rep:
?
(Original post by calumc)
About half of a nice drum kit.
really, does a nice drum kit cost over 10,000 quid!?? a lot of money to spend on someone with so little talent...aka a drummer.....only joking, i shouldnt poke fun, i cant keep rythmn at all!
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Computer
Holiday
Clothes
Trainers
Sweets

Oh sorry willy, you said ONE thing didnt you?

Woops
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
Well done mobbdeeprob for keeping it real
From the womb to the tomb, I've always stayed true. :cool:
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
really, does a nice drum kit cost over 10,000 quid!?? a lot of money to spend on someone with so little talent...aka a drummer.....only joking, i shouldnt poke fun, i cant keep rythmn at all!
I had this discussion with my lead guitarist the other day. He suggested "maybe I should get another bass drum" as he's thinking of writing some songs which would suit double bass, and was quite shocked when I told him that on my (best-of-the-lower-end) drum kit the drum alone would cost £350, £150-200 for the pedal to go with it, and another £50 for a case to take it to practice/gigs. I think he was probably expecting me to say around £150 at most for the lot!

Yes, it's not hard to spend 10 grand on drums. Custom made Pearl Masterworks will cost you 1-2 grand per drum, and good cymbals anywhere from £100-£250 or more depending on size and type. Then you start on the effects, electric pads, remote pedals, a big gong or two and it becomes ridiculous!
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had this discussion with my lead guitarist the other day. He suggested "maybe I should get another bass drum" as he's thinking of writing some songs which would suit double bass, and was quite shocked when I told him that on my (best-of-the-lower-end) drum kit the drum alone would cost £350, £150-200 for the pedal to go with it, and another £50 for a case to take it to practice/gigs. I think he was probably expecting me to say around £150 at most for the lot!

Yes, it's not hard to spend 10 grand on drums. Custom made Pearl Masterworks will cost you 1-2 grand per drum, and good cymbals anywhere from £100-£250 or more depending on size and type. Then you start on the effects, electric pads, remote pedals, a big gong or two and it becomes ridiculous!
What kit so you have? I have a nice set of ludwigs, but they're getting old now
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
What kit so you have? I have a nice set of ludwigs, but they're getting old now
Pearl ELX in lovely ruby fade (red->black), Pearl rack, Sabian AAX cymbals.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nice!
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
nice!
It is and it's cost me! (I don't actually know how much, it's been built up over years)

I won't be able to take it to uni in the autumn though
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
Now obviously people have done the "what would you do if you won the lottery" type question, but that's just unrealistic. It's more realistic that you might save up in the future for a luxury item/trip/something, probably priced not much more than ten grand. So i'm just interested....if you could get any one thing, up to the value of ten grand, what would it be? Be honest, i think it's interesting to see what people would like to save up for but cant be arsed :P

REMEMBER IT IS ONE ITEM ONLY, NOt SEVERAL THINGS...ONE ITEM!
A motorbike :cool:
EDIT: a really cool one :cool:
:rolleyes:
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All that money wasted on causing a racket and giving your neighbours grief. Lord hope you never live above the level of subsistence.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is and it's cost me! (I don't actually know how much, it's been built up over years)

I won't be able to take it to uni in the autumn though
I had to leave mine at home for my first degree.

I got to keep them in one of the music rooms in College during my D.Phil though - great for when you're het up
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
All that money wasted on causing a racket and giving your neighbours grief. Lord hope you never live above the level of subsistence.

I wouldn't call it a waste!
Willa
Rep:
?
noise is never a waste if it's good noise.....obviously the neighbours dont have to agree, you just have to think it's good noise yourself!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.15%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (77)
18.92%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.87%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.07%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.32%

Watched Threads