The Student Room Group

Messaging a girl after an awkward incident

So I had too much to drink a few days ago and told my friend I really liked her, she declined but she was fine the next day when I messaged her. According to her best friend she just thought I said it because I was drunk and wanted to sleep with her. I want to message her but I've no idea what to say. It's a bit awkward...
She wouldn't have all out rejected you if she was actually interested in you, she'd have said something like "let's talk about this when you're sober". It would be far too much of a risk to say she wasn't into you and then just hope you'd ask again when you weren't drunk if you were interested in more than just sex. She's probably just not into you, I'm sorry. Sounds like your friendship will be fine though!
Reply 2
'Message'? Speak to her in person, but how are we to know what you want to say? Did you mean it or do you want to apologise for being inappropriate when drunk?
Reply 3
Hang on, is that Ellie youre talking about? Have you given up on the idea of a 'grand romantic gesture'?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Hang on, is that Ellie youre talking about? Have you given up on the idea of a 'grand romantic gesture'?

Yeah, lol. That's the one. Yeah, I think it's probably unwise to do anything to "grand"
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
'Message'? Speak to her in person, but how are we to know what you want to say? Did you mean it or do you want to apologise for being inappropriate when drunk?

Yes, I really did mean it.
Reply 6
Don’t message her. Just let the dust settle
Reply 7
You've already messaged her! Leave it there; you've apologised, explained and she's taken it well, but isn't interested in anything further other than friendship.

"I get back to there and message her at like two in the morning apologising, saying I could've handled the situation better but frankly I needed a drink to tell her how I really felt about her."

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375118
You just need to take a step back rather than continue to dig yourself into a hole.
Reply 9
If you're not sure what to say, I wouldn't bother messaging her. I'd just leave it a while.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending