The Student Room Group

Warwick or nottingham for law

I have received a 35000 pounds scholarship from warwick but I am still confused between nottingham and warwick

I have heard that warwick is not as reputed as nottingham in law
Would it matter a lot if I choose nottingham over warwick? And which one has better optional modules?
They’re both good and similar in rep imo. Warwick has been a recent climber in the ranks and does have some very good other courses eg CS which helps its reputation. Nottingham is ranked slightly lower atm, has dropped a bit but it’s been in or around the top 10 for many years, and law is one of its flagship courses. Consistency imo is better than a Uni shooting into the top ten but then falling off again - which does happen with some.

Both I believe are target unis and I don’t know about Warwick, but I would think like Notts that Warwick will hold plenty of networking events with bigger firms and have several excellent law based societies.

I don’t think there’s enough between them not to pick Warwick & take the bursary. So I’d go with that. I’m sure you’ll have a great time & get a good degree with plenty of opportunities.
35 grand!! Why are you even asking this?
Original post by LawStudent456

Must admit I wondered if they’d put an extra 0 in… seems a lot of money, but I’ve no idea about how much scholarships are worth.
Original post by BarryScott2022
Must admit I wondered if they’d put an extra 0 in… seems a lot of money, but I’ve no idea about how much scholarships are worth.

Same. If it is 3,500 then still go to Warwick as there is no difference between the unis and and it’s free money lmao.
Same. If it is 3,500 then still go to Warwick as there is no difference between the unis and and it’s free money lmao.

Absolutely agree. Given Warwick has become quite popular for law, I’m surprised they’re offering quite a few scholarships & bursaries these days. Had a quick look and they do seem to be up to around £2-5k but they also state they do full fees & living expenses for some.
Reply 6
They’re both good and similar in rep imo. Warwick has been a recent climber in the ranks and does have some very good other courses eg CS which helps its reputation. Nottingham is ranked slightly lower atm, has dropped a bit but it’s been in or around the top 10 for many years, and law is one of its flagship courses. Consistency imo is better than a Uni shooting into the top ten but then falling off again - which does happen with some.

Both I believe are target unis and I don’t know about Warwick, but I would think like Notts that Warwick will hold plenty of networking events with bigger firms and have several excellent law based societies.

I don’t think there’s enough between them not to pick Warwick & take the bursary. So I’d go with that. I’m sure you’ll have a great time & get a good degree with plenty of opportunities.

Thank you so much your comment really helped! I firmed warwick only :smile:
Reply 7

The thing is I have heard that warwick isn't as good for law which I think was a bad case of glorification and preconceived notions
Now I have understood it entirely and agree that this was a stupid question to even ask
Reply 8

I am an international student so my tuition fees is 23390 pounds a year so yes it is actually 35000 pounds in total only
Original post by gk907
I am an international student so my tuition fees is 23390 pounds a year so yes it is actually 35000 pounds in total only

That’s a fantastic offer. Warwick is really reputable for law now so to get that kind of scholarship is really amazing. Good luck with it all.
Reply 10
That’s a fantastic offer. Warwick is really reputable for law now so to get that kind of scholarship is really amazing. Good luck with it all.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending