Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE Edexcel Maths exam (paper 1) was like 5 days ago but I'm still bloody stressing about it!! I checked the unofficial mark scheme and I tried being as strict as possible and I got approximately around 53 marks and that's absolutely terrible!! I'm aiming for an overall grade A! Does anybody know how many marks I need to get in paper 2. I'm aiming for 78 marks but will this be enough for an A grade?

ReputationRep:
    To get around an A overall you need to be getting mid 60s on both papers. However, if you think you've got 53 on paper one, then aim for around 75 on paper 2. Last year you needed 125 marks overall for an A. The grade boundaries could obviously change a lot, but I'd aim for high 70s on paper 2

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navjotkaurjohal)
    To get around an A overall you need to be getting mid 60s on both papers. However, if you think you've got 53 on paper one, then aim for around 75 on paper 2. Last year you needed 125 marks overall for an A. The grade boundaries could obviously change a lot, but I'd aim for high 70s on paper 2

Hope this helped
    Thanks a lot!! This helped. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is.. you should stop stressing. I got around 78-83 marks
    You should probably revise for the Calculator one because it is going to be hard. I'm aiming for an A too. Last year an A was 125, this year i seriously don't know what the boundaries are going to be like :/ I reckon you should get another 80 but try aim for more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    The thing is.. you should stop stressing. I got around 78-83 marks
    You should probably revise for the Calculator one because it is going to be hard. I'm aiming for an A too. Last year an A was 125, this year i seriously don't know what the boundaries are going to be like :/ I reckon you should get another 80 but try aim for more
    Thanks, but in my opinion I always find the calculator paper harder compared to the non-calculator paper, I don't know why but that's just me. You should be aiming for an A* if you think you got around 78-83 marks, if you can replicate that in the calculator paper there's no reason why you shouldn't get an A* because if you want an A grade you only need about 50 marks to get an A so please try your hardest!
    Thanks for helping me and I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by varshan_k)
    Thanks, but in my opinion I always find the calculator paper harder compared to the non-calculator paper, I don't know why but that's just me. You should be aiming for an A* if you think you got around 78-83 marks, if you can replicate that in the calculator paper there's no reason why you shouldn't get an A* because if you want an A grade you only need about 50 marks to get an A so please try your hardest!
    Thanks for helping me and I hope this helps!
    Your welcome
    Yeah i hope i get an A* but for me i think i could never get the A*, I think I'm better off getting an A. Thank you for giving me advise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.