The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for Law!!! On a Wednesday... How Strange.. but I'll take it (::
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Anyone applied for MSc Accounting, Organizations and Institutions?
Original post by Majdaghlas
Anyone applied for MSc Accounting, Organizations and Institutions?

This thread is mainly for undergraduates. There is another thread for post graduates.
Any Pol and IR news?
Rejected for Econ. Predicted 3A*2A. GCSEs 9A*2A. Applied in December. Home student. Received at 1:30pm. Reason given PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by timb1999
Just got an offer for Law!!! On a Wednesday... How Strange.. but I'll take it (::

What were your grades and everything?
Are you a home student or overseas?
Original post by JStebz
Offer for management! 🎉🎉

what were your grades and everything?
are you a home student or overseas?
The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of your A-Level (or equivalent) subject combination.
The combination of subjects studied at A-Level (or equivalent), is one of the criteria used when considering whether to make an offer. As outlined in our entry requirements, typically we do not accept a qualification designed for language learners where there is significant prior experience of that language.
Whilst your grades may fulfil our minimum entry requirements, your language learning qualification is not accepted as part of our usual standard offer. Consequently, as three A-Levels (or equivalent) including at least two generally preferred subjects are required, the combination of your remaining subjects are not sufficient for entry.

What do you think about this rejection ? My friend who received this was doing math, further math, econ and french wih A* predictions. He came to London last year and he was not well advised. Do you think that there is any possibility to talk with them ? Thank you for you help
Original post by expresslogistic
The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of your A-Level (or equivalent) subject combination.
The combination of subjects studied at A-Level (or equivalent), is one of the criteria used when considering whether to make an offer. As outlined in our entry requirements, typically we do not accept a qualification designed for language learners where there is significant prior experience of that language.
Whilst your grades may fulfil our minimum entry requirements, your language learning qualification is not accepted as part of our usual standard offer. Consequently, as three A-Levels (or equivalent) including at least two generally preferred subjects are required, the combination of your remaining subjects are not sufficient for entry.

What do you think about this rejection ? My friend who received this was doing math, further math, econ and french wih A* predictions. He came to London last year and he was not well advised. Do you think that there is any possibility to talk with them ? Thank you for you help

Is your friend French and is taking French A Level? If so then LSE typically do not accept that :/
Original post by amelienine
Is your friend French and is taking French A Level? If so then LSE typically do not accept that :/

Half Swedish, half Tunisian. Tunisia's second language is French. It is the only link

which course?
Original post by shawcalvinshaw
I am an EU student paying Overseas fee, simply because I don't apply to the Home student terms. I dk whether it is better or not to be international. 3 A&F offers in my school yesterday, feeling pretty anxious, cus my clarification of fee status from LSE came after the offers. It is basically killing me. :frown:

Now that 31st March is almost here, anyone still waiting for a response has a 50 50 chance of getting in. I think overseas students have a slightly better chance considering that 65% of undergraduates are international. If they had run out of places by now, we would have been rejected today.
Finance
Original post by ahmed369
which course?

Which course did your friend apply for?
If it is one of those courses which LSE counts the Further Maths as a fourth subject, then I don't think you can do anything about it, since the French probably doesn't count. Also, the courses which consider Further Maths as a fourth subject are very competitive, so even people with 4 or 5 acceptable A-Levels and all A* predictions sometimes get rejected.

Spoiler

Half Swedish, half Tunisian. Tunisia's second language is French. It is the only link

Finance

The person I am saying also applied for Finance and is from Sweden, with the same subject combination. What a coincidence...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fbiemad
The person I am saying also applied for Finance and is from Sweden, with the same subject combination. What a coincidence...

I think we are talking about the same person
Original post by ahmed369
What were your grades and everything?
Are you a home student or overseas?

I do the IB program so it might be different. I have a 45 in the IB and 8a*s 2a's at IGCSE. I'm living abroad but still could classified as home/eu because my absence is temporary.
Original post by timb1999
I do the IB program so it might be different. I have a 45 in the IB and 8a*s 2a's at IGCSE. I'm living abroad but still could classified as home/eu because my absence is temporary.

Wow... this is 45 predicted?

Best of luck :smile:
do they actually give out offers on 31st? Like last minute ones
Original post by scarletttao
do they actually give out offers on 31st? Like last minute ones

I hope they do because otherwise, as each day passes the chances of an offer reduces :s-smilie:.

All the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending