The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nl1998
Nope. Have you got your 8 week email yet? What are your predicted grades, AS, GCSE etc.?

Nope, just the initial assessment one. i was predicted A*A*AA in Maths, further maths, physics and econ. My AS grades were 3A (didn't take Econ external AS exam). I didn't do GCSE in the UK though.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Urgh... I can't wait to apply for LSE. I messed up with AS grades so my teachers told me that they will consider my predicted grades after my end of term tests. So I guess I will be sending my UCAS form in the 2nd week of December. Hopefully, not many applications have gone through so far.

Hoping to get A*AA
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 982
Has anybody received an offer from LSE so far in this thread? And generally do people receive offers on a rolling basis i.e. Lse not taking the full 8 weeks to make a decision?
Original post by cdmcdm
Has anybody received an offer from LSE so far in this thread? And generally do people receive offers on a rolling basis i.e. Lse not taking the full 8 weeks to make a decision?

No and yes. Some people have got an LSE offer but not in this thread (only people who applied really early). Also you can hear back before or after eight weeks, depends more so on the popularity of course than the strength of your application. I know someone last year who applied for History and heard back in 4 weeks or so.
Original post by rolaah
No and yes. Some people have got an LSE offer but not in this thread (only people who applied really early). Also you can hear back before or after eight weeks, depends more so on the popularity of course than the strength of your application. I know someone last year who applied for History and heard back in 4 weeks or so.

Have you seen anyone in other threads who got an offer from LSE this year?
Original post by Fbiemad
Have you seen anyone in other threads who got an offer from LSE this year?

Not personally no
Anyone heard anything back today?
Do offers come out on thursdays or just rejections?
Original post by Caedite eos

It can be both, but usually it is rejections on Thursdays.
Reply 989
Original post by Caedite eos

I was rejected on a Friday for one of the courses I applied for at LSE
Reply 990
hi
Has anyone received their uni offer from LSE yet? for 2017 entry
Hi, just recieved an email from LSE to inform me that I'm rejected (personal statement). I'm an international student so I knew that I made mistakes, it was too "classic". I also applied to GL11 (Maths/Eco) so I hope it means that it's ok, they didn't say anythinf about it...
Reply 992
so the uni said you were rejected based on your personal statement? what did you apply for if i may ask?
Original post by CYYL
so the uni said you were rejected based on your personal statement? what did you apply for if i may ask?

Yeah, but I have really strong grades (18/20), specialized courses in Econ and further Maths, extra activities in programming and sports. So I don't understand. I applied for Bsc Econ L100 btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 994
wow, didnt know they put such high priority on the personal statement.
but good luck for your other courses applied!
Reply 995
Praying for no rejections.
Original post by Kckc119
Praying for no rejections.

Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apaulo5
Hi, just recieved an email from LSE to inform me that I'm rejected (personal statement). I'm an international student so I knew that I made mistakes, it was too "classic". I also applied to GL11 (Maths/Eco) so I hope it means that it's ok, they didn't say anythinf about it...

Original post by apaulo5
Yeah, but I have really strong grades (18/20), specialized courses in Econ and further Maths, extra activities in programming and sports. So I don't understand. I applied for Bsc Econ L100 btw

Did you apply for 2 courses?
If yes, then this is normal. :smile:
LSE gives maximum 1 offer per person. So if you applied for two courses, you will automatically get rejected for one course.
My school doesnot allow any student to apply for two courses in the same Uni if we apply as school candidate. So I guess it makes sense that they will just randomly reject one of your choices
Reply 999
Original post by Fbiemad
Did you apply for 2 courses?
If yes, then this is normal. :smile:
LSE gives maximum 1 offer per person. So if you applied for two courses, you will automatically get rejected for one course.

I didn't know this was the case, and I had applied for two courses at LSE. Got rejected for the course that I felt I had the better chance of getting on and progressed to the 8 week stage for the one that was rather random. Was told my personal statement wasn't good enough even though it was so relevant to the course that I was rejected for. Praying I get an offer from LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending