The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Hi guys, I'm applying for Economics, my grades are AAAA (Singapore A Levels). In the midst of the anxious 8-weeks wait.

I applied to LSE last year (to mathematical economics and econometrics) but got rejected because of personal statement, so this year I applied again but to a slightly different course.

Do you guys think the previous unsuccessful attempt will be a disadvantage to my present application?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Becca227
Any International Relations applicants here?

Me!
Is the 8 week wait a sure thing? I applied early so I got my 8 week email in mid October yet mid December seems early to receive a decision for Economics. Also, does anyone know if the uni always asks for a UMS breakdown for economics as I haven't received anything like this yet but I've heard it is something LSE use frequently. Thanks!

Me! We need an LSE International relations applicants thread.
Original post by boombayah
Me! We need an LSE International relations applicants thread.

Yes we do! Have you heard anything from them? I hate the waiting 😩
Reply 1185
Woah there's finally been some activity in my Graduation applicant tracker after 6 weeks of waiting!
I just noticed this update there:
"1. The selectors have been unable to reach a final decision for the moment and your application has been placed on a waiting list . An email has been sent to you. Your file will be passed back to the selectors for a final decision in six weeks' time (or once your second choice decision is returned to us). As soon as more information is available it will be posted here.
2. Click on the dropdown button above to see the status of your second choice. "

However, I haven't received any email from LSE. Does anyone know who I could contact? So far I haven't gotten any replies from the Q&A.

Btw, this update was for my first preference MSc in Political Science and Political Economy, the second choice being MSc Political Economy of Late Development. I regret a little for adding the latter as my second choice and really hope to get into the first one.

The last thing I've gotten is the 8 weeks email - got it around 3 weeks ago. Siiiigh. I know, the waiting is soo stressful. I'll create a thread and tag you!

Here you go: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4436438
International relations applicants, head over here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4436438 :smile:))

Yup!
Original post by bn1131
Hi guys, I'm applying for Economics, my grades are AAAA (Singapore A Levels). In the midst of the anxious 8-weeks wait.

I applied to LSE last year (to mathematical economics and econometrics) but got rejected because of personal statement, so this year I applied again but to a slightly different course.

Do you guys think the previous unsuccessful attempt will be a disadvantage to my present application?

No, it won't.
They take almost no one for the first year of the course you applied to last year. Usually very few people from BSc Economics course at LSE get a chance to switch to that course in their second year I think. The first year of both courses are the same from what I know, that is why they do it like this.

Original post by marvellousminty
Is the 8 week wait a sure thing? I applied early so I got my 8 week email in mid October yet mid December seems early to receive a decision for Economics. Also, does anyone know if the uni always asks for a UMS breakdown for economics as I haven't received anything like this yet but I've heard it is something LSE use frequently. Thanks!

If you are doing A-Levels and have applied for a course which the entry requirement is A* in Maths, then they should ask you about it.
I've just sent my maths UMS off in their questionnaire, but I haven't received any form of confirmation, have I done something wrong? It was late because the questionnaire wasn't sent earlier and I had to email and ask for it.
Original post by gmahapatra
I've just sent my maths UMS off in their questionnaire, but I haven't received any form of confirmation, have I done something wrong? It was late because the questionnaire wasn't sent earlier and I had to email and ask for it.

I swear you get the confirmation as a pdf. When you finish the form, you can download a pdf of it, and that acts as a confirmation. I remember reading that in the email in the FAQ section.

FAQ:"I completed my questionnaire but have not received a confirmation of receipt.

When you reach the end of the questionnaire you will see a message which begins “Thank you for completing this questionnaire” You will then be directed to a report containing your responses which you can save as a PDF. You can consider this a confirmation of receipt of your questionnaire. If there is any error in transmission, or if we require additional information, we will contact you."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gmahapatra

You do not get a confirmation email from the LSE, at least I didn't and don't think anyone else got one either.

Don't worry about it! :smile:
Original post by xyolox
I swear you get the confirmation as a pdf. When you finish the form, you can download a pdf of it, and that acts as a confirmation. I remember reading that in the email in the FAQ section.

FAQ:"I completed my questionnaire but have not received a confirmation of receipt.

When you reach the end of the questionnaire you will see a message which begins “Thank you for completing this questionnaire” You will then be directed to a report containing your responses which you can save as a PDF. You can consider this a confirmation of receipt of your questionnaire. If there is any error in transmission, or if we require additional information, we will contact you."

That is right.
They won't email you the confirmation. Once you complete the form, it shows you the confirmation I think. Even if they don't, it is not needed once you know you correctly completed the form.
What are people thinking the 'Fmaths/maths UMS average' cutoff will be (If there is one) - for maths w economics?
Original post by marvellousminty

I've been through application process b4 and got an offer, but I didnt do alvls so ill answer your 8 week concern.

The 8 week wait is a sure thing, if not an underestimate of how long you have to wait. You could be made to wait 9 weeks before you any update, and the update could tell you that they need further time to assess your app and give you an extra 4 weeks of waiting. I ended up waiting 8+4+2+2 weeks before I was given an offer but just know that the general consensus is the longer you have to wait, the higher the chances of you getting in.

GL with the app!
Reply 1198
Original post by Fbiemad
No, it won't.
They take almost no one for the first year of the course you applied to last year. Usually very few people from BSc Economics course at LSE get a chance to switch to that course in their second year I think. The first year of both courses are the same from what I know, that is why they do it like this.

Thank you Fbiemad! It clears much of my doubt :smile:
Original post by bn1131

Thank you Fbiemad! It clears much of my doubt :smile:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending