The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MadelineXu
Anyone heard anything from LSE (Government&Economics)? When did you submit the application?

Got 8 week email yesterday! applied 23rd nov
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by lunglungboi
Got 8 week email yesterday! applied 23rd nov

Sorry for being a bit thick :redface:, but this 8 week email...does every department send them out?
Original post by Tally567
Sorry for being a bit thick :redface:, but this 8 week email...does every department send them out?

yes
Original post by anujsr
yes

Thanks. I applied last week and had an acknowledgement email the following day, then another email today explaining they were assessing my application carefully and would be in touch soon. Does this constitute my '8 week' email do you think?
Original post by Tally567
Thanks. I applied last week and had an acknowledgement email the following day, then another email today explaining they were assessing my application carefully and would be in touch soon. Does this constitute my '8 week' email do you think?

The email that is sent clearly says that your application has been passed to the admission selector of your course. Then goes on to say that this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks. IF this is in your email then yes it is your eight week email. Good luck!!
Original post by anujsr
The email that is sent clearly says that your application has been passed to the admission selector of your course. Then goes on to say that this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks. IF this is in your email then yes it is your eight week email. Good luck!!

Yes, it said the seletors are carefully assessing my application, and will be in touch soon to let me know either a decision has been reached, or they need more time. No mention of 8 weeks. Maybe different departments word the emails differently?
Thanks for clarifying, and good luck to you too!!
(edited 7 years ago)
BSc Actuarial Science (N321)

GCSEs: 10A*, 1A
AS-Levels: AAAA
Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*A*

Still haven't sent my application
Original post by ozmo19
BSc Actuarial Science (N321)

GCSEs: 10A*, 1A
AS-Levels: AAAA
Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*A*

Still haven't sent my application

i dont think youll have any difficulty getting in
Original post by RehanJak98

Yeah, you really are in a great position with your stats!

All the best!
Have quite a few people heard back for Econ? Also any Scottish students applying?
Original post by RehanJak98

Thanks:tongue: my personal statement will need to be up to scratch and hopefully ill be fine..

Good luck to you!
Applied on 4th Nov. and got my 8 week email on 28th November so roughly 3 - 4 weeks after applying. What is now the timescale from 28th November, is it likely that I will get a decision after the new year? Applying for Economic History. Good Luck everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
applied on 23rd Nov, got 8 week on the 13th of December. Applying for 2 courses Government, Politics and International relations. Got 4 A-level: Economics, Geography, Psychology, Russian. As level are A's and A2 predicted 2 A* and A's. I am an international student, applying from Kazakhstan. Do u think I have chances? And do you guys know if Lse accepts Russian A level if my first language is Kazakh but russian is widely spoken in Kazakhstan
(edited 7 years ago)
btw i know that lse does not give offers for 2 courses
Original post by Karina9998
btw i know that lse does not give offers for 2 courses

So, after conversing with LSE.

If you have applied to two courses, it doesn't necessarily increase your chances otherwise everyone would do it. Both departments analyse your application independently, and before they choose to give you an offer, they will have to liaise with the other department you applied to. If both want you e.g Finance + Maths W/Econ, then they will see what your application suits more. THEY WILL MAKE THE DECISION, they will not email you and ask which offer you want to hold, and they will only give ONE offer (again, as everyone will apply to multiple courses at the LSE). This thread does make it seem like applying to two courses is all bad news, it isn't BUT most weren't aware that you only hold one offer(therefore possibly should've found out before applying, LSE is different to other Unis), although it has been mentioned by many other respective members on this thread...

All the best !
Wouldnt applying to two still increase your chance of getting an offer? Im pretty sure most people applying to two would be more than happy to get one offer. So if both departments are analysing your application you have a greater chance that atleast one will take a liking to you.
Anything eventul today guys?
Got a rejection for law, they said it is due to personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andrea7187
Got a rejection for law, they said it is due to personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear that, if you dont mind me askinf what were your stats and are you an international applicant?
Original post by Salman53101
sorry to hear that, if you dont mind me askinf what were your stats and are you an international applicant?

I am an international applicant and I was predicted equivalent to 4A* I guess and ever since starting my secondary school I had 12A* and 2Bs at the end of each year which is what I had to submit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending