The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OctavianMcG
I'll either get a decision or an email telling me they need 4 weeks to compare me to other applicants in the cohort. Economic History isn't very competitive (relative to LSE) so should get a decision soon.

I agree, Economic History is probably one of LSE's less competitive courses, but nevertheless it is still LSE. According to Which?Uni the applicants receiving offers is ~30% compared to other courses which alot of them are less than 15% :tongue: Regardless, best of luck on your application!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ZilinTu
congrats !!!!!! may i know when did you apply and your GCSE grades if you took them? thanks :-)

and to you too! I applied on 15th November, and I am a Scottish Applicant so had 5 A's at Higher's but I think they only really care about advanced higher!
Original post by LSEboi
Congrats!! What were your A Level predictions?

thank you! 3 A's at Advanced Higher I'm a Scottish Applicant. how's your application going??
Original post by lilysimpson213
and to you too! I applied on 15th November, and I am a Scottish Applicant so had 5 A's at Higher's but I think they only really care about advanced higher!

I haven't got my offer yet :-/ I applied on 25th Nov, so i assume i will hear back soon too :3
Original post by ZilinTu
I haven't got my offer yet :-/ I applied on 25th Nov, so i assume i will hear back soon too :3

oh sorry didn't realise! I am sure you will hear soon x
Congratulations to everyone who has an offer!

Anyone heard anything from Anthropology yet?
Waiting anxiously for an offer. Got unconditionals from Nottingham and Birmingham for International Relations but i want to go to either LSE or KCL. Anyone else in a similar position?
Reply 1587
Original post by domaths
I'm a UK applicant with an economics offer... I'm not post A Level either if that's your next question lol

Vow!!! that's amazing. congrats...what was your timeline for application and when was the offer made? pls share your grades/predictions too.
Original post by gazebo99
Waiting anxiously for an offer. Got unconditionals from Nottingham and Birmingham for International Relations but i want to go to either LSE or KCL. Anyone else in a similar position?

I got my offers from birmingham, southampton and cass, but I'm still waiting on lse to reply, since thats where i really want to go :/
Original post by dabbu
Vow!!! that's amazing. congrats...what was your timeline for application and when was the offer made? pls share your grades/predictions too.

Original post by domaths
I'll just fill in my stats as I'm guessing other people will ask too:
GCSEs: 9A*s, 4As, B
A Levels achieved: A* in maths (593/600), Distinction in AEA Maths, M1 in Global Perspectives
A Levels predicted: A*A*A further maths, economics, computing respectively
PS: mentioned work experience with ONS, young economist essay competition (highly commended) and talked about why I liked economics obvs - think it was good

I applied the 5/10 and got offer 2/12
Reply 1590
Original post by durutti
Just received an offer for BSc Sociology!
GCSEs: 1A* 7As 3Bs
AS: AC (one linear course)
Predicted: A*AA-AAB
I guess this dispels the myth told to 16 year-olds that you need 8A*s at GCSE and for not a single exam to go wrong.

congrats on your offer! i've applied for sociology and social policy but havent heard back yet. when did you apply? x
Anyone applying to BSc Finance
Original post by Nono199791
Anyone applying to BSc Finance

Me!! Where are you from?
when are LSE due to start responding to economics applicants? anyone got data for recent years?
Anyone know when Economic History are due to hear back? Also, do LSE give offers on any day of the week because I heard it's only Fridays? Do the two weeks over Christmas count as weeks on the 8 week deciding period too?
Original post by maoism123
Anyone know when Economic History are due to hear back? Also, do LSE give offers on any day of the week because I heard it's only Fridays? Do the two weeks over Christmas count as weeks on the 8 week deciding period too?
i

Yes I've been wondering if Friday is the only day offers are given out? Is it true?
do you think they'll send updates today?

So fricking nervous!

Anyone heard from management yet??
Original post by ecomicat
do you think they'll send updates today?

So fricking nervous!

Anyone heard from management yet??

I haven't a clue, do you reckon they only give updates on Friday?
Original post by Tally567
i

Yes I've been wondering if Friday is the only day offers are given out? Is it true?

Great if anyone could confirm this
I haven't a clue, do you reckon they only give updates on Friday?

Great if anyone could confirm this

Original post by Tally567
i

They almost always give decisions on Thursdays and Fridays. Usually, Thursdays are mainly for rejections and Fridays are for offers. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending